Lepidozamia remote bush camp
Lepidozamia remote bush camp is located on an elevated forested ridge that overlooks the Kobble Creek area. Follow the undulating access track from Mount Glorious Road through lush rainforests and wet eucalypt forests and wet eucalypt forest to the camp site.
Camping area facilities
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Tent camping
- Long walk to tent
- Mountain biking
Features: remote bush camping on an elevated forested ridge that overlooks the Kobble Creek catchment.
Location: from Mount Glorious Road or Northbrook Parkway, the remote bush camp site is accessed by walking 2.5km along the Lepidozamia track and about 150m past the Middle Kobble break turnoff. The gate access from Mount Glorious Road/Northbrook Parkway is about a 50min drive from Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre in The Gap. Allow 1hr walk to the camp site.
- See the South D'Aguilar forest trail map for approximate bush camping site location.
Access: the remote bush camp site is walk-in only. A topographic map is required to navigate to the bush camp site—map grid reference: 762 828.
Number of sites: open area without separately-defined sites. A maximum of 9 people (3 x 3-person tents) can camp in this area at one time.
Camp sites are suitable for: walk-in camping only.
Camp site surface: dirt and grass.
Facilities: Storm shelter with untreated water, and picnic table and bench seats.
Open fires: prohibited—fuel or gas stoves only.
Generators: not permitted.
Essentials to bring: drinking water*, first-aid kit, rubbish bags, insect repellent, fuel stove, tent, sturdy shoes and appropriate clothing.
*Kobble Creek is often dry. If creek water is available, treat before use.
Mobile phone coverage: unreliable.
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 September 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 5 October 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021