Lepidozamia remote bush camp
Lepidozamia remote bush camp is located on an elevated forested ridge that overlooks the Kobble Creek area. Follow the undulating access track from Mount Glorious Road through lush rainforests and wet eucalypt forests and wet eucalypt forest to the camp site.
Camping area facilities
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Tent camping
- Long walk to tent
- Mountain biking
Features: remote bush camping on an elevated forested ridge that overlooks the Kobble Creek catchment.
Location: from Mount Glorious Road or Northbrook Parkway, the remote bush camp site is accessed by walking 2.5km along the Lepidozamia track and about 150m past the Middle Kobble break turnoff. The gate access from Mount Glorious Road/Northbrook Parkway is about a 50min drive from Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre in The Gap. Allow 1hr walk to the camp site.
- See the South D'Aguilar shared trails map for approximate bush camping site location.
Access: the remote bush camp site is walk-in only. A topographic map is required to navigate to the bush camp site—map grid reference: 762 828.
Number of sites: open area without separately-defined sites. A maximum of 9 people (3 x 3-person tents) can camp in this area at one time.
Camp sites are suitable for: walk-in camping only.
Camp site surface: dirt and grass.
Facilities: Storm shelter with untreated water, and picnic table and bench seats.
Open fires: Fuel stoves are recommended. Open fires permitted in the fireplace provided (except when fire bans or prohibitions apply). Do not collect bush wood. Penalties apply for offenses.
Generators: not permitted.
Essentials to bring: drinking water*, first-aid kit, rubbish bags, insect repellent, fuel stove, tent, sturdy shoes and appropriate clothing.
*Kobble Creek is often dry. If creek water is available, treat before use.
Mobile phone coverage: unreliable.
- Planned burn Northbrook Mountain 21 June to 5 July 2022
- White Cedar day use area closure (TMR road works) 14 June to 13 July 2022
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 2 March to 30 June 2022
- Westside track partial closure 25 February to 30 June 2022
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 31 December 2022
- Planned upgrade/maintenance to facility and day-use area 4 January to 31 December 2022