Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Lepidozamia remote bush camp
Lepidozamia remote bush camp is located on an elevated forested ridge that overlooks the Kobble Creek area. Follow the undulating access track from Mt Glorious Road through lush rainforests and wet eucalypt forests an wet eucalypt forest to the camping area.
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Tent camping
- Long walk to tent
- Mountain biking
Features: remote bush camping on an elevated forested ridge that overlooks the Kobble Creek catchment.
Location: from Mount Glorious Road or Northbrook Parkway, the camp site is accessed by walking 2.5km along the Lepidozamia track. The bush camp is located 150m past the Middle Kobble break turnoff on the Lepidozamia track. The gate access from Mount Glorious Road/Northbrook Parkway is about a 50min drive from Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre in The Gap. Allow 1hr walk to the camp site.
- See the South D'Aguilar forest trail map for approximate bush camping site location.
Access: the bush camp site is walk-in only. A topographic map is required to find the bush camp site—map grid reference: 762 828.
Number of sites: open area without separately-defined sites. A maximum of 9 people (3 x 3-person tents) can camp in this area at one time.
Camp sites are suitable for: walk-in camping only.
Camp site surface: dirt and grass.
Facilities: Storm shelter with untreated water, and picnic table and bench seats.
Open fires: prohibited—fuel or gas stoves only.
Generators: not permitted.
Essentials to bring: drinking water*, first-aid kit, rubbish bags, insect repellent, fuel stove, tent, sturdy shoes and appropriate clothing.
*Kobble Creek is often dry, but if available, treat any creek water you draw.
Mobile phone coverage: unreliable.
- Bellbird Grove day use area closed for upgrades 31 August 2020 to 25 January 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Covid-19 park access restrictions eased 11–22 January 2021