Permits and fees

If you are camping, driving in a recreation area, hosting an event or conducting a business in Queensland's parks and forests, you need to purchase a permit.


Before camping in a national park, conservation park, State forest or recreation area you have to book and pay for a camping permit.

Driving in a recreation area

To drive on Bribie Island, Fraser Island, Moreton Island, Cooloola and Minjerribah recreation areas you have to buy a vehicle access permit.

Organised events

If you are planning a school excursion or organising a group event such as a wedding, fun run or adventure training, you may need an organised event permit. Maximum group sizes and other conditions apply depending on location and activity type.

Commercial activities

Find out about permits and fees for conducting business activities such as guided tours, group events, fundraising, filming and photography, and food vending.

  • Before camping in a park, forest or reserve, you must obtain a camping permit and pay your camping fees. Most camping areas can be booked online, at an over-the-counter booking office or by phone. You must pay your camping fees to secure your booking.

  • Queensland has seven recreation areas established under the Recreation Areas Management Act 2006. Fraser Island, Green Island, Moreton Island, Bribie Island, Inskip Peninsula, Cooloola and Minjerribah are recreation areas. Most of Moreton Island, Bribie Island, K'gari (formerly Fraser Island) and the eastern half of Green Island, as well as Cooloola, are national parks.

  • Permits required for commercial activities and events being undertaken in national parks.