Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Cypress Grove circuit
Stroll through open forest with stately pines, look for birds and uncover historical artefacts on this short walk.
- Journey type
- 2.5km return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 1.5hrs walking time.
- Grade 3 walking track
- View map
- Conventional vehicle
Discover the remnants of a steam-driven sawmill lying on the forest floor, hinting at the areas past when a flourishing sawmill operated here in the 1860s. A few hoop pines remain as relics of a large plantation.
Walk quietly and you may spot white-browed scrubwrens darting in and out of the disturbed leaf litter on the hunt for small insects.
Extend your walk and delve into lush rainforest by adding the Greenes Falls track to your trip.
Getting there and getting around
The Cyprus Grove circuit is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 42km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- The walk begins on the eastern side of Mount Glorious Road on the eastern edge of the Maiala day-use area. It branches off the Rainforest circuit at Browns Road.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 30km to the car park at Maiala, on the north-west edge of the Mount Glorious township.
- Alternatively, drive about 19km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to Maiala.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Cypress Grove circuit is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Planned Burn - Enoggera Reservoir and D'Aguilar National Park 7–15 July 2020
- Bellbird Grove day-use area temporarily closed due to facility upgrades 13 July to 31 August 2020