Cypress Grove circuit
Stroll through open forest with native cypress pines, look for birds and reptiles on this short walk.
- Journey type
- 2.5km return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 1.5hrs walking time.
- Grade 3 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
This circuit begins at Browns Road, which can be reached by walking about half-way along the Rainforest circuit from Maiala. The walk weaves through large eucalypt trees, vines and a small grove of native cypress pines.
Walk quietly and you may spot white-browed scrubwrens darting in and out of the disturbed leaf litter on the hunt for small insects.
Extend your walk and delve into lush rainforest by adding the Greenes Falls track to your trip.
Getting there and getting around
The Cyprus Grove circuit is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 42km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- The walk begins on the eastern side of Mount Glorious Road on the eastern edge of the Maiala day-use area. It branches off the Rainforest circuit at Browns Road. Take care when crossing this road.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 30km to the car park at Maiala, on the north-west edge of the Mount Glorious township.
- Alternatively, drive about 19km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to Maiala.
Please refer to the Maiala walking track map for details of walks in this area.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities on this circuit. The closest wheelchair-accessible facilities are located at Maiala day-use area.
Before you visit
Cypress Grove circuit is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Red Cedar - maintenance works 4–14 May 2021
- Greenes Falls walking track temporarily closed (D'Aguilar National Park) 21 April to 14 May 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021