Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Thylogale walking track
Admire sweeping views and beautiful changing landscapes on this peaceful walk in D’Aguilar National Park’s southern section.
- Journey type
- 8km return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 3hrs walking time.
- Grade 3 walking track
- View map
- Conventional vehicle
Feel the temperature drop as you enter lush rainforest, with its beautiful canopy of huge strangler figs, hoop pines, lacebark trees and palms. Spot wompoo pigeons, rose-crowned fruit-doves, green catbirds, satin bowerbirds and pale-yellow robins. Red-necked pademelons can sometimes be seen hiding in the undergrowth.
Marvel as the scenery changes—pass by large tallowwood trees, stringybarks and bloodwoods, gradually moving into wet sclerophyll forest where majestic Sydney blue gums, brush-box trees and casuarinas grow.
Return along the same track or for a shorter walk, arrange for someone to drop you off at one end and pick you up at the other.
Getting there and getting around
The Thylogale walking track is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 30km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- You can start the track from either Jollys Lookout or Boombana.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 15km to the car park at Jollys Lookout or 17.5km to Boombana.
- Follow the signs from either day-use area to the trail head.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Thylogale walking track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.