Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch or sundown among the trees at one of Wivenhoe outlook's many picnic spots (BYO picnic blanket) and viewpoints.
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
With scenic views and a picturesque setting among stringybark trees, Wivenhoe outlook is the perfect place for a relaxed picnic (BYO picnic blanket).
Visit the lookout for panoramic vistas of Northbrook Valley's green ridges and the reflective waters of Lake Wivenhoe. Time your visit to be here at sunset and be amazed by kaleidoscopic colours shooting across the sky.
Spy carpet pythons basking in the sun, or pink-tongued lizards carefully camouflaging themselves on logs. Listen for the unusual cat-like mewing cry of the catbird in the valley below.
Getting there and getting around
Wivenhoe outlook is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 50km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 38km to the Wivenhoe outlook car park, north-west of the Mount Glorious township.
- Alternatively, drive 28km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to the Wivenhoe outlook car park.
- The Wivenhoe outlook day-use area is next to the car park.
The lookout is wheelchair accessible. Assistance may be required.
Before you visit
Wivenhoe outlook is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 1–3 February 2021
- Jollys Lookout closed for repairs 4–5 February 2021
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 8–10 February 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021