Take in sweeping views from Wivenhoe outlook over Lake Wivenhoe and to the west.
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
Visit the lookout for panoramic views of Northbrook Valley's green ridges and the reflective waters of Lake Wivenhoe.
Spy carpet pythons basking in the sun, or pink-tongued lizards carefully camouflaging themselves in the leaf litter. Listen for the unusual cat-like mewing cry of the catbird in the valley below.
Getting there and getting around
Wivenhoe outlook is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 50km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 38km to the Wivenhoe outlook car park, north-west of the Mount Glorious township.
- Alternatively, drive 28km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to the Wivenhoe outlook car park.
- The Wivenhoe outlook is accessible from the car park.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Wivenhoe outlook is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 30 September 2024
- Fires Prohibited - D'Aguilar Backcountry Bush Camps 19 September 2023 to 1 January 2024
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 5 July 2022 to 30 December 2023