Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Take the family on a nature discovery walk, featuring cabbage palms, natural springs and a giant, walk-through brush box tree trunk.
- Journey type
- 750m circuit The same start and finish point, but the traveller doesn’t return along the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 20min walking time.
- Grade 3 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
Start your walk from Manorina, beneath the beautiful, fanned leaves of cabbage tree palms and tall brush box forest. Let your inner child burst free walking within the hollowed-out trunk of a giant brush box tree.
Meander beneath the closed canopy, discovering ferns, mosses and fungi that thrive in this moist, natural-spring fed forest. With a keen eye, you may spot the tiny, moss-covered earth doors of secretive trapdoor spiders. Listen for the harsh, scolding alarm call of white-browed scrubwrens, often seen in pairs low in the thicket.
If you're looking for a longer or more challenging walk, Manorina is also the starting point of the Morelia walking track, a 6km hike that takes you to the summit of Mount Nebo and offers gorgeous views over the Samford Valley and Moreton Bay.
Getting there and getting around
Atrax circuit is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 33km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access is via sealed roads accessible by 2WD.
- The walk begins from Manorina.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 21km to the car park at Manorina.
- Alternatively, drive about 21km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to Manorina.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Atrax circuit is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 1–3 February 2021
- Jollys Lookout closed for repairs 4–5 February 2021
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 8–10 February 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021