Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Admire sweeping panoramic views, enjoy a relaxed picnic or barbecue, and take a peaceful bushwalk at this iconic day-use area.
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
- Toilets (flush)
- Electric/fuel barbecue (free of charge)
- Picnic tables
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
Stand atop the lookout and enjoy spectacular 180 degree views over D'Aguilar Range to the Glass House Mountains, and east across Samford Valley to Moreton Bay and the bay islands.
Named in the 1920s after the Lord Mayor of Brisbane, William Alfred Jolly, this is the oldest formal lookout on the range.
Spread out a rug for a bush picnic or set up at a picnic table or shelter shed and sizzle a sausage or two on the barbecue.
Getting there and getting around
Jollys Lookout is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 28km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 16km to the Jollys Lookout turn-off.
- Drive up to the Jollys Lookout car park to access the day-use area and lookout.
There are wheelchair-accessible car parks, toilets and picnic facilities. Assistance may be required.
Before you visit
Jollys lookout is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 1–3 February 2021
- Jollys Lookout closed for repairs 4–5 February 2021
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 8–10 February 2021
- Jollys Lookout toilet facility closed for repairs 21–25 January 2021
- Bellbird Grove day use area closed for upgrades 31 August 2020 to 25 January 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021