Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Camp Mountain lookout
Enjoy a relaxing barbecue and picnic in this quaint forested pocket, with knockout views over Brisbane and beyond.
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
- Toilets (flush)
- Wood-fired barbecue (BYO wood)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
Unwind over a leisurely lunch, nestled serenely among tall eucalypt trees with sweeping panoramas of Moreton Bay, the Brisbane skyline and the Glass House Mountains.
Forming part of the historic Enoggera goldfields, this site was once used by gold prospectors as camp.
Listen for the distinctive 'chak-ak-ak-ak-ak' call of Lewin's honeyeaters. In winter, admire sprays of white blooms decorating the tallowwood trees, a nectar-laden treat for grey-headed flying foxes, scaly-breasted lorikeets and squirrel gliders.
Getting there and getting around
Camp Mountain lookout is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 20km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 7.5km to the Camp Mountain lookout turn-off.
- From the turn-off drive into the Camp Mountain lookout car park and walk to the lookout.
The first lookout platform is wheelchair accessible although assistance may be required.
Before you visit
Camp Mountain lookout is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 1–3 February 2021
- Jollys Lookout closed for repairs 4–5 February 2021
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 8–10 February 2021
- Jollys Lookout toilet facility closed for repairs 21–25 January 2021
- Bellbird Grove day use area closed for upgrades 31 August 2020 to 25 January 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021