Camp Mountain lookout
Enjoy a relaxing barbecue and picnic in this quaint forested pocket, with knockout views over Brisbane and beyond.
- Conventional vehicle
- Wood-fired barbecue (BYO wood)
- Lookout (constructed)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Toilets (flush)
Unwind over a leisurely lunch, nestled serenely among tall eucalypt trees with sweeping panoramas of Moreton Bay, the Brisbane skyline and the Glass House Mountains.
Forming part of the historic Enoggera goldfields, this site was once used by gold prospectors as camp.
Venture into the forest on foot, horse or mountain-bike—the entry point to the park’s horseriding trail network is 20m left of Bathersby lookout platform.
Listen for the distinctive 'chak-ak-ak-ak-ak' call of Lewin's honeyeaters. In winter, admire sprays of white blooms decorating the tallowwood trees, a nectar-laden treat for grey-headed flying foxes, scaly-breasted lorikeets and squirrel gliders.
Getting there and getting around
Camp Mountain lookout is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 20km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicle.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 7.5km to the Camp Mountain lookout turn-off.
- From the turn-off drive into the Camp Mountain lookout car park and walk to the lookout.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Camp Mountain lookout is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Westridge outlook - Closed due to maintenance works 17–23 May 2021
- Red Cedar - maintenance works 4–28 May 2021
- Greenes Falls walking track temporarily closed (D'Aguilar National Park) 21 April to 16 July 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Planned road maintenance D'Aguilar National Park Mt Mee section 17 May to 11 June 2021