Set out into the forest from the Boombana trailhead to enjoy the wonders of nature along the walking tracks.
- Conventional vehicle
Boombana is nestled in lush, shaded rainforest with easy access to walking tracks. It is a lovely place to stroll through the forest on the Pitta circuit or Thylogale walking track.
Weave beneath twisted vines and strangler figs as you walk. Look for brightly-coloured wompoo fruit-doves feeding on forest fruits, and red-necked pademelons venturing from their rainforest hideaway at sunset to forage on grasses.
In summer, witness lacebark trees bursting with beautiful pink-hued flowers, giving the area its name, meaning ‘trees in bloom’.
Getting there and getting around
Boombana is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 29km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicle.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 17km until you see the signs for Boombana turn-off, less than 1km before Mount Nebo township.
- Turn off Mount Nebo Road to enter the day-use area car park.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Boombana is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 5 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
- Planned Manorina trailhead upgrade 16 March to 31 July 2023
- Temporary road closure Jacky Creek area Mount Mee Section 14 February to 30 June 2023
- Temporary trail head closure - Boombana 14 October 2022 to 1 May 2023
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 30 June 2023
- Diana's Bath Road - partial closure 12 December 2022 to 31 March 2023