Stop and enjoy a bushwalk at this quiet, subtropical rainforest retreat near Mount Nebo.
- Conventional vehicle
- Picnic tables
Nestled in lush, shaded rainforest with easy access to walking tracks, Boombana is a lovely place to stop on a scenic drive up the mountain.
Weave beneath twisted vines and strangler figs as you walk. Look for brightly-coloured wompoo fruit-doves feeding on forest fruits, and red-necked pademelons venturing from their rainforest hideaway at sunset to forage on grasses.
In summer, witness lacebark trees bursting with beautiful pink-hued flowers, giving the area its name, meaning ‘trees in bloom’.
Getting there and getting around
Boombana is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 29km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicle.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 17km until you see the signs for Boombana turn-off, less than 1km before Mount Nebo township.
- Turn off Mount Nebo Road to enter the day-use area car park.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Boombana is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 31 January 2022
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021