Experience outstanding natural beauty on a bushwalk through some of the best rainforest in D’Aguilar National Park.
- Journey type
- 6.4km return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 3hr walking time.
- Grade 4 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (natural)
Stroll through beautiful subtropical rainforest featuring magnificent strangler figs, stinging trees and large rainforest trees, such as white booyong. Look for blue quondong fruit strewn across the path, a favourite food of the wompoo fruit-dove.
Soak in spectacular views over the scenic mountain rim to the west from the Western Window lookout. On a clear day, you can see Cunninghams Gap and Mount Barney, so don't forget to bring your camera!
Walk down steep steps to wet sclerophyll forest and rainforest at the base of the rocky basalt cliffs. Weave between the straight white trunks of tall pigeonberry ash and be dwarfed beneath the canopies of majestic Sydney blue gums.
Getting there and getting around
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities on this track. The closest wheelchair-accessible facilities are located at Maiala day-use area.
Before you visit
Westside track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Red Cedar - maintenance works 4–14 May 2021
- Greenes Falls walking track temporarily closed (D'Aguilar National Park) 21 April to 14 May 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021