Pack a picnic or sizzle some snags at this large, open day-use area, nestled in a beautiful forest grove.
- Conventional vehicle
- Toilets (flush)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
With ample space to cater for large groups, Bellbird Grove is a wonderful place to relax with family and friends over a lazy picnic or barbecue.
Play Frisbee and kick a ball in the open, grassy space, or take a bushland stroll on the Turrbal circuit or Golden Boulder track. You can access the park's mountain-bike rides from beside a locked gate, 20m east of the entry to the Turrbal circuit.
Keep your eyes peeled for wonga pigeons, whipbirds, sulphur-crested cockatoos and pale-headed rosellas. If you’re lucky you might spot a wedge-tailed eagle soaring high above.
Getting there and getting around
Bellbird Grove is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 16km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicle.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 4km then turn into Bellbird Grove Road.
- Continue 1.6km drive until you reach the day-use area car park.
Shelter shed, picnic tables and toilets are wheelchair accessible. A Grade 1 path links the car park, shelter, toilets and multiple picnic table sites (some under cover). Assistance may be required.
Before you visit
Bellbird Grove is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 2 March to 30 June 2022
- Boombana visitor site upgrade 3 May to 8 June 2022
- Night closure of Red Cedar day use area 8 February to 10 June 2022
- Westside track partial closure 25 February to 30 June 2022
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 31 December 2022
- Planned upgrade/maintenance to facility and day-use area 4 January to 31 December 2022
- Wet weather closures - Mt Mee 11 May to 2 June 2022