Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Pack a picnic or sizzle some snags at this large, open day-use area, nestled in a beautiful forest grove.
- Conventional vehicle
- Toilets (flush)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
With ample space to cater for large groups, Bellbird Grove is a wonderful place to relax with family and friends over a lazy picnic or barbecue.
Play Frisbee and kick a ball in the open, grassy space, or take a bushland stroll on the Turrbal circuit or Golden Boulder track. You can access the park's mountain bike trail network from beside a locked gate, 20m east of the entry to the Turrbal circuit.
Keep your eyes peeled for wonga pigeons, whipbirds, sulphur-crested cockatoos and pale-headed rosellas. If you’re lucky you might spot a wedge-tailed eagle soaring high above.
Getting there and getting around
Bellbird Grove is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 16km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access is via sealed roads accessible by 2WD.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 4km then turn into Bellbird Grove Road.
- Continue 1.6km drive until you reach the day-use area car park.
Black Wattle shelter shed toilets are wheelchair accessible with assistance.
Before you visit
Bellbird Grove is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Boombana day-use area toilet facility temporary closure 4 September to 30 November 2020
- Bellbird Grove day use area closed for upgrades 31 August to 31 December 2020
- Mill Rainforest walking trail closed for maintenance 10 August to 31 December 2020
- Westside track is closed between the Western Window and Lawton Road due to landslip. 15 July to 30 October 2020