Stroll through a range of lush landscapes on your way to Mount Nebo lookout, boasting panoramas across to Moreton Bay.
- Journey type
- 6km return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 2hr walking time
- Grade 4 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (natural)
Starting from Manorina, this walk explores patches of cool rainforest and open eucalypt forest before reaching a natural rock outcrop that forms Mount Nebo lookout.
Discover wet eucalypt forest and groves of cabbage tree palms, their huge fan-shaped leaves spreading overhead like umbrellas. Listen for the booming ‘wallock-a-woo’ and ‘book-a-roo’ call of wompoo fruit-doves calling in the canopy.
Catch your breath at the natural rock outcrop of Mount Nebo lookout and admire magnificent views over Samford Valley, Mount Tempest and Moreton Bay. On a clear day, the Moreton Island sand dunes appear to strangely hover on the horizon.
If you're keen to keep walking, Manorina is also the starting point for the short and family-friendly Atrax circuit.
Getting there and getting around
The Morelia track is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 35km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- The walk begins from Manorina.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Creek.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 21km to Manorina.
- Alternatively, drive 21km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to Manorina.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities on this track.
Before you visit
Morelia track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely and Walk with care.
- Diana's Bath Road - partial closure 12 December 2022 to 30 June 2023
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 5 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
- Planned Manorina trailhead upgrade 16 March to 31 July 2023
- Temporary road closure Jacky Creek area Mount Mee Section 14 February to 30 June 2023
- Temporary trail head closure - Boombana 14 October 2022 to 1 May 2023
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 30 June 2023