Light Line Road remote bush camp
Get back to basics at this peaceful hike-in remote bush camp set in sun-drenched eucalypt forest.
Camping area facilities
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Tent camping
- Long walk to tent
- Mountain biking
Set among majestic bloodwoods, grey gums and tallowwood trees, this site offers seclusion and a sense of wild remoteness. Wake to misty mornings with sun streaming through the trees and bark shining with moisture in the air.
This camp site can only be reached on foot or by mountain bike. Admire lovely views out to Lake Manchester along Light Line Road. Look for the shelter shed and water tank marking the camp location.
Visit in spring and autumn to see a glorious display of vivid-yellow flowers along the roads, when Goodenia ovata shows off its blooms.
Getting there and getting around
Light Line Road remote bush camp is located in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 34km north-west of Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by two-wheel-drive (2WD).
- A topographic map and the specific map grid reference are required to navigate to the bush camp site. Topographic map grid reference: 778 675.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for 19km to Mount Nebo township.
- Turn off Mount Nebo Road onto Forestry Road, then turn right onto Light Line Road.
- Walk or ride along Light Line Road 1.7km to the bush camp site.
- Read walk with care for tips on walking safely and walking lightly.
- Read mountain bike and cycle with care for tips on riding safely in the park.
Before you visit
Light Line Road remote bush camp is open 24 hours a day. Check-in to your camp after 2pm and check-out by 11am on the day of departure.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
Features: remote bush camping in open eucalypt woodland surrounded by bloodwoods, grey gums and tallowwoods.
Location: from the park boundary at Forestry Road, Mount Nebo, the bush camp site is accessed by walking 1.7km along Light Line Road. Forestry Road is a 20min drive from Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre in The Gap.
- See the South D'Aguilar shared trails map for approximate bush camp site location.
Access: the remote bush camp site is walk-in only. A topographic map is required to navigate to the bush camp site—map grid reference: 778 675.
Number of sites: open area without separately-defined sites. A maximum of 6 people (2 x 3-person tents) can camp in this area at one time.
Camp sites are suitable for: walk-in camping only.
Camp site surface: dirt.
Facilities: water tank and shelter. All water obtained in the park must be treated before drinking.
Open fires: Fuel stoves are recommended. Open fires permitted in the fireplace provided (except when fire bans or prohibitions apply). Do not collect bush wood. Penalties apply for offenses.
Generators: not permitted.
Essentials to bring: drinking water, first-aid kit, rubbish bags, insect repellent, fuel stove, tent, sturdy shoes and appropriate clothing.
Mobile phone coverage: unreliable.
- Planned burn Northbrook Mountain 21 June to 5 July 2022
- White Cedar day use area closure (TMR road works) 14 June to 13 July 2022
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 2 March to 30 June 2022
- Westside track partial closure 25 February to 30 June 2022
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 31 December 2022
- Planned upgrade/maintenance to facility and day-use area 4 January to 31 December 2022