Neurum Creek camping area
Camp in the forest beside Neurum Creek and enjoy camp fires, bushwalking, 4WD adventures and refreshing creek swims.
- Trail bike
Camping area facilities
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Toilets (flush)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
- Short walk to tent
- Scenic drive
- Trail bike riding
- Photo credit: Maxime Coquard © Queensland Government
- Photo credit: Tomek Z Genek © Queensland Government
Pitch a tent next to Neurum Creek and relax in serene forest surroundings.
Stroll along nearby Lophostemon walk and discover a delightful place to swim in Neurum Creek. Look for Richmond birdwing butterflies flitting above the water—Neurum Creek is one of the D'Aguilar Range's last natural breeding sites for this threatened species.
Head out for bush-based adventure in the nearby 4WD and trail bike road network before ending the day by star gazing the night sky.
Keep your eyes peeled for nocturnal fawn-footed melomys hopping along tree branches foraging for leaves, shoots and fruits.
Getting there and getting around
Neurum Creek camping area is in the North D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 76km from the city of Brisbane.
- A 4WD or trail bike is recommended to access Neurum Creek camping area. The maximum speed limit on forest roads is 40km/hr and all road rules apply.
- Read 4WD with care for important information on 4WD safety and minimal impact driving.
- Read trail bike ride with care for tips on riding safely and riding with care.
From the south
- From the south, drive 24km from Dayboro via Mount Mee Road (tourist route number 29) and Sellin Road to The Gantry.
- Turn right onto Neurum Creek Road and continue for 6km, then turn right and travel 400m to the camping area.
From the north
- From the north, drive 17km from Woodford via the D'Aguilar Highway, Neurum, Stanton and Rassmussen roads to the park's northern entrance.
- Continue along Lovedays Road for 6km, past Archer camping area on the right, and turn left onto L Traverse.
- Drive 2km then turn right onto Mount Mee forest drive and travel 3km to the camping area.
Before you visit
There is no phone service available at camping area, please book your camp site before entering the park.
Neurum Creek camping area is open 24 hours a day. Check-in to your camp after 2pm and check-out by 11am on the day of departure.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
Features: camping close to Neurum Creek in an enclosed forest setting.
Location: off Neurum Creek Road, about 6.3km from the southern access to the park (Sellin Road, via The Gantry) and about 13.5km from the northern access to the park (Woodford end).
- See the Mount Mee forest drives and trails map for the camping area location.
- Neurum Creek camping area map
Access: not suitable for two-wheel-drive (2WD), trailers, caravans or campervans. Four-wheel-drive vehicles are recommended.
Number of sites: 13 numbered sites. Maximum of 6 people per site.
Camp sites are suitable for: 4WD camper trailers, tent camping beside your vehicle and walk-in camping.
Camp site surface: raised dirt pads.
Facilities: water (treat before drinking), septic toilets and fireplaces.
Open fires: permitted in the fireplace provided except when fire bans or prohibitions apply. Bring your own firewood—untreated, milled timber off-cuts are recommended. Do not bring in or collect bush wood. Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generators: not permitted.
Essentials to bring: drinking water, rubbish bags, firewood, insect repellent and first-aid kit. A fuel or gas stove is recommended for cooking.
Mobile phone coverage: Not available at the camping area.
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 31 January 2022
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 5 October 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021