Kids ‘go wild’ to learn and grow in nature in fun-filled holiday programs.
The Gateway Visitor Centres of David Fleay Wildlife Park and Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre offer seasonal holiday programs during Queensland school holidays—4 times a year (Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring).
Each program is packed with lots of fun nature-based activities about conservation and wildlife to help keep kids active and engaged during the school holidays.
The autumn holiday program includes:
David Fleay Wildlife Park
- Junior Rangers (Helpers): 5–7 years, Monday and Wednesday 9:30–11:00am
- Junior Rangers (Wildlife): 8–12 years, Tuesday 9:30–11:30am
- Ranger Guided Tour: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 12:00–1:30pm
- Threatened Species Trail: Tuesday and Thursday 12:00–1:30pm
Online bookings essential and participation numbers capped to ensure enjoyment for all.
Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre
- Junior Ranger (Birds on the Reservoir): 6–12 years, Wednesday 5 April 9:00-11:00am
- Junior Ranger (Helper): 5–8 years, Thursday 6 April 9:30–11:00am
- Nature by Night (family event): 6 +years, Tuesday 4 April and Tuesday 11 April 6:00-8:00pm
- Junior Ranger (Wildlife Habitats- Frogs): 8–12 years, Wednesday 12 April 9:30-11:30am
- Junior Ranger (Mini Ecologist): 7–10 years, Thursday 13 April 9:30-11:30am
- Junior Wildlife Discovery Show: 10:00am Saturday and Sunday recommended for children up to 8 years (accompanied by an Adult)
- Wildlife Discovery Show: daily at 1:30pm recommended for all ages
Online bookings essential – Book now!
To keep up to date with holiday programs subscribe to the Queensland National Parks newsletter and receive events news directly to your inbox.