Kids ‘go wild’ to learn and grow in nature in fun-filled holiday programs.
The Gateway Visitor Centres of David Fleay Wildlife Park and Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre offer seasonal holiday programs during Queensland school holidays—4 times a year (Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring).
Each program is packed with lots of fun nature-based activities about conservation and wildlife to help keep kids active and engaged during the school holidays.
The summer holiday program includes:
- Junior Rangers (Helpers): 5–7 years, Monday and Wednesdays 9:30–11:00am
- Junior Rangers (Wildlife): 8–12 years, Tuesdays 9:30–11:30am
- Ranger Guided Tour: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays 12:00–1:30pm
- Threatened Species Trail: Tuesday and Thursdays 12:00–1:30pm.
Online bookings essential and participation numbers capped to ensure enjoyment for all.
- Junior Ranger (Helper): 5–7 years, Thursday 12 and 19 January, 9:30–11:00am
- Junior Rangers (Wildlife): 8–12 years, Wednesday 11 and 18 January, 9:30–11:30am
- Nature by Night (family event): 5+years, Tuesday 10 and 17 January, 6:30–8:30pm
- Junior Wildlife Discovery Show: 10:00am Saturdays and Sundays recommended for children up to 8 years (accompanied by an Adult)
- Wildlife Discovery Show: daily at 1:30pm recommended for all ages.
Online bookings essential – Book now!
To keep up to date with holiday programs subscribe to the Queensland National Parks newsletter and receive events news directly to your inbox.