Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Stroll the boardwalk at Westridge outlook, where dramatic rock escarpments give way to breathtaking views over the western plains.
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
Stand among majestic grey gums, spotted gums and tallowwoods on this rocky outcrop and witness incredible views over Lake Wivenhoe and the Great Dividing Range.
Look for major skinks foraging in rocky crevasses or the silhouette of a grey goshawk flying high overhead. At dusk, blossom bats stretch their leathery wings, ready to take flight across the pink sunset.
From the boardwalk, you’ll see remnants of a timber-getting wagon, once hauled down the steep gullies by bullock teams. Locals once called this outcrop Fang Rock because of the many death adders that took shelter in the rocky terrain.
Getting there and getting around
Westridge outlook is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 39km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for 27km to the Westridge outlook turn-off, 6km north of Mount Nebo township.
- Alternatively, drive 18km from Samford via Mount Glorious and Mount Nebo roads.
- From the turn-off, drive into Westridge outlook car park. The boardwalk and lookout are accessible from here.
The boardwalk to the lookout and some parking spaces and wheelchair accessible. Assistance may be required.
Before you visit
Westridge outlook is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Planned Burn - Enoggera Reservoir and D'Aguilar National Park 7–15 July 2020
- Bellbird Grove day-use area temporarily closed due to facility upgrades 10 March to 10 July 2020