Stroll the boardwalk around the rocky outcrop at Westridge outlook and take in breathtaking views across the ranges and over the plains.
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
Stand among majestic grey gums, spotted gums and iron barks on this rocky outcrop. Take in the incredible views over the England Creek valley and the Great Dividing Range.
Look for major skinks foraging in rocky crevasses or the silhouette of a grey goshawk flying high overhead. At dusk, blossom bats stretch their leathery wings, ready to take flight across the fading sunset.
From the boardwalk, you’ll see remnants of a timber-getting wagon, once hauled down the steep gullies by bullock teams. Locals once called this outcrop Fang Rock because of the many death adders that took shelter in the rocky terrain.
Getting there and getting around
Westridge outlook is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 39km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for 27km to the Westridge outlook turn-off, 6km north of Mount Nebo township.
- Alternatively, drive 18km from Samford via Mount Glorious and Mount Nebo roads.
- From the turn-off, drive into Westridge outlook car park. The boardwalk and lookout are accessible from here.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Westridge outlook is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 5 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
- Planned Manorina trailhead upgrade 16 March to 31 July 2023
- Temporary road closure Jacky Creek area Mount Mee Section 14 February to 30 June 2023
- Temporary trail head closure - Boombana 14 October 2022 to 1 May 2023
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 30 June 2023
- Diana's Bath Road - partial closure 12 December 2022 to 31 March 2023