Eucalypt woodlands, subtropical rainforest and enchanting birdsong await you on this easy circuit walk in D’Aguilar National Park’s southern section.
- Journey type
- 1.5km circuit The same start and finish point, but the traveller doesn’t return along the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 45min walking time.
- Grade 3 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
Perfect for families with young children, this walk starts from the turn-off to Jollys Lookout and winds through tall open eucalypt woodland and rainforest before circling back to the road.
Listen to the chorus of different birdcalls ringing in the early morning. Wander past lush ferns and bunya pines, keeping an eye out for white-browed scrubwrens in the undergrowth.
After building up an appetite, reward yourself with a barbecue and spectacular views to the horizon at Jollys Lookout. If you're looking for a longer, more challenging walk, the 8km Thylogale walking track leaves from here.
Getting there and getting around
Egernia circuit is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, 30km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 15km to the car park at Jollys Lookout.
- Follow signs from the car park to the trail head.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities on this circuit. The closest wheelchair-accessible facilities are located at Jollys Lookout.
Before you visit
Egernia circuit is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 5 July 2022 to 30 January 2023
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 31 December 2022