Eucalypt woodlands, subtropical rainforest and enchanting birdsong await you on this easy circuit walk in D’Aguilar National Park’s southern section.
- Journey type
- 1.5km circuit The same start and finish point, but the traveller doesn’t return along the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 45min walking time.
- Grade 3 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
Perfect for families with young children, this walk starts from the turn-off to Jollys Lookout and winds through tall open eucalypt woodland and rainforest before circling back to the road.
Listen to the chorus of different birdcalls ringing in the early morning. Wander past lush ferns and bunya pines, keeping an eye out for white-browed scrubwrens in the undergrowth.
After building up an appetite, reward yourself with a barbecue and spectacular views to the horizon at Jollys Lookout. If you're looking for a longer, more challenging walk, the 8km Thylogale walking track leaves from here.
Getting there and getting around
Egernia circuit is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, 30km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 15km to the car park at Jollys Lookout.
- Follow signs from the car park to the trail head.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities on this circuit. The closest wheelchair-accessible facilities are located at Jollys Lookout.
Before you visit
Egernia circuit is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Westridge outlook - Closed due to maintenance works 17–23 May 2021
- Red Cedar - maintenance works 4–28 May 2021
- Greenes Falls walking track temporarily closed (D'Aguilar National Park) 21 April to 16 July 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Planned road maintenance D'Aguilar National Park Mt Mee section 17 May to 11 June 2021