Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Cabbage Tree Range loop
Adventurous walkers will delight in this long hike through the park’s southern section, with two secluded bush camp sites along the trail.
- Journey type
- Walk, cycle, horse
- 17km circuit The same start and finish point, but the traveller doesn’t return along the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 4–7hrs walking time.
- Grade 4 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
Lace up your walking boots and set out on this challenging loop walk starting from the Mount Nebo transfer station, 1.5km north-west of Manorina.
Feel the sun warm your skin as you hike through fragrant, open eucalypt woodland, admiring tree-lined views from Dundas and Lightline roads.
Getting there and getting around
The Cabbage Tree Range loop is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 40km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access is via sealed roads accessible by 2WD.
- The walk begins and ends at the Mount Nebo transfer station.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 22km to the Mount Nebo transfer station, about 4.6 km north-west of Mount Nebo State School.
- Alternatively, drive 20km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to the Mount Nebo transfer station.
- Follow Dundas Road to Dundas Road bush camp, then heads along Cabbage Tree Range Road to scenic Cabbage Tree Creek.
- After carefully crossing the creek, head up Job 6 Road to Light Line Road and walk along the road to Light Line Road bush camp.
- Past the camp, you'll continue along Light Line Road, turn left down Double Break and go around the gate onto Hammermeister Road.
- This leads to Mount Nebo Road and then back to the Mount Nebo transfer station.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Cabbage Tree Range loop is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see:
- Bellbird Grove day use area closed for upgrades 31 August 2020 to 25 January 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Covid-19 park access restrictions eased 11–22 January 2021