Cabbage Tree Range loop
Adventurous visitors will delight in this long journey through the park’s southern section, with two secluded bush camp sites along the shared trail.
- Journey type
- Walk, cycle, horse
- 17km circuit The same start and finish point, but the traveller doesn’t return along the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 4–7hrs walking time.
- Grade 4 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
Set out on this challenging loop by starting from the Mount Nebo transfer station, 1.5km north-west of Manorina.
Traverse through fragrant, open eucalypt woodland, admire tree-lined views from Dundas, Cabbage Tree Range and Lightline roads.
Horseriders, be aware that horses are not permitted to stay in the park overnight.
More detailed instructions are provided on the D’Aguilar National Park—South D’Aguilar section topographic map that can be purchased from the Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
Getting there and getting around
The Cabbage Tree Range loop is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 40km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- The loop begins and ends at the Mount Nebo transfer station. The return along Mount Nebo Road is off-park and not part of the shared trail network. Care must be taken along the 200m section of road.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 22km to the Mount Nebo transfer station, about 4.6km north-west of Mount Nebo State School.
- Alternatively, drive 20km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to the Mount Nebo transfer station.
- Follow Dundas Road to Dundas Road remote bush camp, then heads along Cabbage Tree Range Road to scenic Cabbage Tree Creek.
- After carefully crossing the creek, head up Job 6 Road to Light Line Road and travel along the road to Light Line Road remote bush camp.
- Past the camp, you'll continue along Light Line Road, turn left down Double Break, which undulates over several highpoints, and go around the gate onto Hammermeister Road.
- This leads to Mount Nebo Road and then back to the Mount Nebo transfer station.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities on this loop.
Before you visit
Cabbage Tree Range loop is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see:
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 31 January 2022
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021