Wander through eucalypt forest along Cedar Creek, enjoying a spot of wildlife watching before finishing with a picnic at Bellbird Grove.
- Journey type
- 1.7km circuit The same start and finish point, but the traveller doesn’t return along the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 45min walking time
- Grade 3 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
Starting from Bellbird Grove, this walk passes through open eucalypt forest, down into a wet eucalypt gully along Cedar Creek.
Marvel at the beautiful plants growing along the creek—weeping lilly pilly and grey myrtle form a shady canopy, while matrush grasses line the bank. If you’re lucky you may spot Lewin's honeyeaters, eastern yellow robins and white-browed scrubwrens in the dense vegetation. Look for cone-shaped holes dug beside the track—evidence of night activity by the northern brown bandicoot.
Rest your legs and roll out the picnic rug, for a packed lunch or barbecue at the Bellbird Grove day-use area.
While you're here, learn about the local goldmining history from the signs along the nearby 1.8km Golden Boulder track.
Getting there and getting around
The Turrbal circuit is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 16km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 4km then turn right onto Bellbird Grove Road.
- Drive a further 1.6km to the car park at Bellbird Grove then follow signs to the trailhead.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities on this circuit. The closest wheelchair-accessible facilities are located at Bellbird Grove day-use area.
Before you visit
Turrbal circuit is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely and Walk with care.
- Planned burn closures - Mount Nebo, Gold Creek and Mermaid Mountain areas 27 May to 6 June 2023
- Planned Manorina trailhead upgrade 14 April to 31 July 2023
- Diana's Bath Road - partial closure 12 December 2022 to 30 June 2023
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 5 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
- Temporary road closure Jacky Creek area Mount Mee Section 14 February to 30 June 2023
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 30 June 2023