Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Wander through eucalypt forest along Cedar Creek, enjoying a spot of wildlife watching before finishing with a picnic at Bellbird Grove.
- Journey type
- 1.7km circuit The same start and finish point, but the traveller doesn’t return along the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 45mins walking time.
- Grade 3 walking track
- View map
- Conventional vehicle
Starting from Bellbird Grove, this walk passes through open eucalypt forest, down into a wet eucalypt gully along Cedar Creek.
Marvel at the beautiful plants growing along the creek—weeping lilly pilly and grey myrtle form a shady canopy, while matrush grasses line the bank. If you’re lucky you may spot Lewin's honeyeaters, eastern yellow robins and white-browed scrubwrens in the dense vegetation. Look for cone-shaped holes dug beside the track—evidence of night activity by the northern brown bandicoot.
Rest your legs and roll out the picnic rug, for a packed lunch or barbecue at one of Bellbird Grove's many picnic areas.
While you're here, learn about the local goldmining history from the signs along the nearby 1.8km Golden Boulder track.
Getting there and getting around
The Turrbal circuit is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 16km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 4km then turn into Bellbird Grove Road.
- Drive a further 1.6km to the car park at Bellbird Grove then follow signs to the trail head.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Turrbal circuit is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Boombana day-use area toilet facility temporary closure 4 September to 30 November 2020
- Bellbird Grove day use area closed for upgrades 31 August to 31 December 2020
- Mill Rainforest walking trail closed for maintenance 10 August to 31 December 2020
- Westside track is closed between the Western Window and Lawton Road due to landslip. 15 July to 30 October 2020