Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Wander through eucalypt forest along Cedar Creek, enjoying a spot of wildlife watching before finishing with a picnic at Bellbird Grove.
- Journey type
- 1.7km circuit The same start and finish point, but the traveller doesn’t return along the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 45min walking time.
- Grade 3 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
Starting from Bellbird Grove, this walk passes through open eucalypt forest, down into a wet eucalypt gully along Cedar Creek.
Marvel at the beautiful plants growing along the creek—weeping lilly pilly and grey myrtle form a shady canopy, while matrush grasses line the bank. If you’re lucky you may spot Lewin's honeyeaters, eastern yellow robins and white-browed scrubwrens in the dense vegetation. Look for cone-shaped holes dug beside the track—evidence of night activity by the northern brown bandicoot.
Rest your legs and roll out the picnic rug, for a packed lunch or barbecue at one of Bellbird Grove's many picnic areas.
While you're here, learn about the local goldmining history from the signs along the nearby 1.8km Golden Boulder track.
Getting there and getting around
The Turrbal circuit is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 16km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 4km then turn into Bellbird Grove Road.
- Drive a further 1.6km to the car park at Bellbird Grove then follow signs to the trail head.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Turrbal circuit is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 1–3 February 2021
- Jollys Lookout closed for repairs 4–5 February 2021
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 8–10 February 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021