The Cedars day-use area
Nestled within a circle of mountains, this day-use area is a lovely place to enjoy a leisurely lunch and a wander beside the creek.
- Conventional vehicle
- Wood-fired barbecue (BYO wood)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Toilets (flush)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
With its open, grassy area, lace-leaved white cedars and a trickling creek, this day-use area is a wonderful place to stop and enjoy the peaceful scenery.
In spring, smell the intoxicating chocolate scent bursting from white cedar flowers. Lie back on the luxurious grass and watch as Monarch butterflies flutter by.
Kick off your shoes and dip your toes in the cool creek water, or follow the creek on foot for a rock-hop adventure.
Keep your eye out for Pacific bazas and variegated fairy-wrens feeding on insects from tree to tree.
Getting there and getting around
The Cedars day-use area is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 55km from Brisbane's city centre. It is north-west of Mount Glorious, on the drive to Lake Wivenhoe.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road and Northbrook Parkway for 45km to The Cedars day-use area turn-off.
- Alternatively, drive 35km from Samford village via Mount Glorious Road and Northbrook Parkway to The Cedars day-use area turn-off.
- From the south-west, drive 29km from Fernvale via Wivenhoe-Somerset Road and Northbrook Parkway to The Cedars day-use area turn-off.
- From the turn-off, drive into The Cedars car park. The day-use area is located next to the car park.
There are wheelchair-accessible toilets, picnic tables and parking spaces. Assistance may be required.
Before you visit
The Cedars day-use area is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Boombana visitor site upgrade 3–27 May 2022
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 2 March to 31 May 2022
- Westside track partial closure 25 February to 30 June 2022
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 31 December 2022
- Planned upgrade/maintenance to facility and day-use area 4 January to 31 December 2022
- Wet weather access - Mt Mee 11–19 May 2022