Escape to a picturesque forest haven, where bushwalks, country views and an abundance of wildlife beg to be discovered.
- Conventional vehicle
Embark on one of two bushwalks that leave from the peaceful forest of Manorina—the Atrax circuit and Morelia walking track. Walk through lush eucalypt forest and be rewarded with views over Samford Valley and, on a clear day, to Moreton Bay.
Here, massive Sydney blue gums tower above the rainforest canopy, weeping lilly pillys line the creek, and the only concentrated grove of cabbage tree palms are found in the D'Aguilar Range. Look for dainty swallowtail butterflies, one of the few butterflies found exclusively in Australia. In winter you may be lucky enough to spot colourful wompoo fruit-doves feeding on rainforest fruit in the canopy.
Getting there and getting around
Manorina is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 35km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 21km to the turn-off into the Manorina car park, just north of the Mount Nebo township.
- Alternatively, drive 21km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Manorina is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 31 January 2022
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021