Morelia walking track
Stroll through a range of lush landscapes on your way to Mount Nebo lookout, boasting panoramas across to Moreton Bay.
- Journey type
- 6km return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 2hr walking time.
- Grade 4 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (natural)
Starting from Manorina, this walk explores patches of cool rainforest and open eucalypt forest before reaching Mount Nebo lookout.
Discover wet eucalypt forest and groves of cabbage tree palms, their huge fan-shaped leaves spreading overhead like umbrellas. Listen for the booming ‘wallock-a-woo’ and ‘book-a-roo’ call of wompoo fruit-doves calling in the canopy.
Catch your breath at the natural rock outcrop of Mount Nebo lookout and admire magnificent views over Samford Valley, Mount Tempest and Moreton Bay. On a clear day, the Moreton Island sand dunes appear to strangely hover on the horizon.
Getting there and getting around
The Morelia walking track is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 35km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are sealed and suitable for conventional (2WD) vehicles.
- The walk begins from Manorina.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Creek.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 21km to Manorina.
- Alternatively, drive 21km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to Manorina.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities on this track.
Before you visit
Morelia walking track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 2 March to 30 September 2022
- Camp Mountain access road closed due to landslip 5 July to 30 September 2022
- Mt Mee - Mill Rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January 2021 to 31 December 2022
- Planned upgrade/maintenance to facility and day-use area 4 January to 31 December 2022
- Limited access Bellbird Grove day use area Saturday 13 August 8–15 August 2022