Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Morelia walking track
Stroll through a range of lush landscapes on your way to Mount Nebo lookout, boasting panoramas across to Moreton Bay.
- Journey type
- 6km return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 2hrs walking time.
- Grade 4 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (natural)
Starting from Manorina, this walk explores patches of cool rainforest and open eucalypt forest before reaching Mount Nebo lookout.
Discover wet eucalypt forest and groves of cabbage tree palms, their huge fan-shaped leaves spreading overhead like umbrellas. Listen for the booming ‘wallock-a-woo’ and ‘book-a-roo’ call of wompoo fruit-doves calling in the canopy.
Catch your breath at the natural rock outcrop of Mount Nebo lookout and admire magnificent views over Samford Valley, Mount Tempest and Moreton Bay. On a clear day, the Moreton Island sand dunes appear to strangely hover on the horizon.
Getting there and getting around
The Morelia walking track is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 35km from Brisbane's city centre.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- The walk begins from Manorina.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Creek.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road for another 21km to Manorina.
- Alternatively, drive 21km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road to Manorina.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Morelia walking track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Maiala day-use area, partial closure for maintenance works 18–22 January 2021
- Bellbird Grove day use area closed for upgrades 31 August 2020 to 25 January 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Covid-19 park access restrictions eased 11–22 January 2021