Camping zones summary
There are 45 camping area options on K'gari. All camping areas have capacity limits and may become booked out, especially during peak holiday periods. To avoid disappointment, book early—bookings are available 6 months in advance.
Please remember to keep your camp compact and off access tracks.
Camping area information is grouped under the following categories.
- Camping permits and requirements
- Camping areas with wongari (dingo) deterrent fences—recommended for families with children 14 years and under. Central Station camping area; Dundubara camping area; Lake Boomanjin camping area; Waddy Point top camping area. Fenced camping areas are also available in the following beach camping areas: One Tree Rocks, Cornwells, Wongai and Eli Creek.
- Eastern beach camping—9 camping zones on the eastern beach from Dilli Village north to Sandy Cape; and Waddy Point beachfront camping area.
- Western Beach camping—7 remote beach camping areas on the north western side of the island between Moon Point (south) and Wathumba Creek (north).
- South western camping areas—2 remote camping areas along the south-western coastline
- Southern remote camping area—1 remote camping area on the southern coastline. Ideal for those that arrive late and need to wait for the low tide before traversing the eastern beach.
- Camping areas for schools—5 camping areas suitable for schools and large groups.
- K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk walkers’ camps information is presented separately on the K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk web page.
Check the interactive map for locations and specific camping area names or refer to the K'gari (Fraser Island) map and K'gari (Fraser Island) beach camping zone map (for eastern beach camping zones).
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June 2021 to 1 July 2022
- Park Alert Northern Forests Walking Track 14 October 2021 to 31 July 2022
- Eurong Eastern Beach Entrance Closure 20 April to 2 June 2022
- Prescribed Burn - Dundubara Campground 20 April to 31 May 2022
- Prescribed Burn - Orchid Beach Waste Transfer Station 20 April to 31 May 2022
- K'gari Planned Burn Season 2022 1 March to 31 August 2022
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Mating Season 1 March to 31 May 2022
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 11 May 2022
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.