Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Waddy Point Top (trailer site) camping area
Waddy Point (top) camping area features a formal, fenced camping area set in coastal woodland near a rocky headland. The camping area is located on the north-east coast of Fraser Island, approximately 100km north of the Hook Point barge landing area and 5km north of Indian Head.
- High clearance 4WD
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Toilets (flush)
- Scenic drive
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Camper trailer camping
- Hot showers (paid)
- Tent camping beside car
More information may be available at Waddy Point Top (Tent site) camping area
- Lake Wabby scenic drive impassble to Pile Valley road 10 June to 29 September 2020
- Lake Garawongera scenic drive impassable to Poyungan road 10 June to 29 September 2020
- Indian Head (Tukkee Wurro) walking track closed 2 June to 2 August 2020
- Central Station Redevelopment - Planned upgrade Central Station Cottage and Museum 1 July to 31 October 2020
- Great Sandy Information Centre to reopen from Friday 10 July 10 July to 10 August 2020
- Community announcement-planned burn. Smoke from Great Sandy National Park 12 June to 29 September 2020
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 9 Jul 2020
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.