Wathumba (trailer site) camping area (fenced)
Wathumba camping area is set behind the foredunes, near mangroves. The camping area is located on the western side of K'gari near the mouth of Wathumba Creek.
This camping area has a wongari (dingo) deterrent fence and is recommended for families with children 14 years and under wanting a coastal camping experience.
- High clearance 4WD
Camping area facilities
- Anchoring allowed
- Picnic tables
- Toilets (flush)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
- Scenic drive
- Canoeing and kayaking
More information may be available at Wathumba (tent site) camping area (fenced)
Upcoming camping area availability
For more safety information see Visiting K'gari safely and camp with care.
- Zone 9 (Carree and Diray) Erosion Damage 22 May to 14 July 2023
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June 2021 to 30 June 2023
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Breeding Season 1 June to 31 August 2023
- Cultural heritage event at Central Station on 7 June 2023 31 May to 7 July 2023
- Waddy Point Beachfront camping area temporary capacity reduction 26 April to 3 July 2023
- Park Alert - K'gari Planned Burn Season 2023 21 February to 31 August 2023
- Smoke Alert - K'gari Planned Burn Season 2023 21 February to 31 August 2023
- Cornwells Road, No Heavy Traffic 31 August 2022 to 6 December 2023
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari conditions report Updated 9 Jun 2023
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.