Camping areas for schools and large groups
Schools and large groups can camp together in the following group camping areas:
- Central Station
- Waddy Point top
- Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie) (walk in only, no vehicle based camping)
- Lake Boomanjin
Organised groups should submit an online group notification. Groups can apply to obtain a special account to book the K'gari group sites.
To book a group camp site you need to apply for a special account by:
- logging onto: www.qld.gov.au/camping
- selecting ‘Create account’
- following instructions to create your special account
- using this special account to book your group camp site.
It is recommended that group leaders view the Teachers' and group leaders' package for planning and safety information.
- Coolooloi camping area CLOSED 6 November to 4 December 2022
- Northern Forests walking track closed 14 October 2021 to 30 January 2023
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June 2021 to 1 January 2023
- Marine Stingers 15 November 2022 to 31 May 2023
- Cornwells Road, No Heavy Traffic 31 August to 12 December 2022
- Marine turtles breeding season 1 November 2022 to 30 April 2023
- Construction Works - Central Station Day Use Area 21 November to 8 December 2022
- Road Works - Central Station Day Use Area 21 November to 8 December 2022
- K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk - advanced booking restriction 28 November 2022 to 28 February 2023
- Information Centre opening hours 20 September 2022 to 20 March 2023
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Whelping Season 1 September to 30 November 2022
- Orchid Beach Wongari (dingo) fence construction 5 August to 31 December 2022
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 22 Nov 2022
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.