Camping areas for schools and large groups
Schools and large groups can camp together in the following group camping areas:
- Central Station
- Waddy Point top
- Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie) (walk in only, no vehicle based camping)
- Lake Boomanjin
Organised groups should submit an online group notification. Groups can apply to obtain a special account to book the K'gari group sites.
To book a group camp site you need to apply for a special account by:
- logging onto: www.qld.gov.au/camping
- selecting ‘Create account’
- following instructions to create your special account
- using this special account to book your group camp site.
It is recommended that group leaders view the Teachers' and group leaders' package for planning and safety information.
- Park Alert - Detour Northern Scenic Road partial closure 22 June to 22 December 2021
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June to 31 December 2021
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 23 Jul 2021
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.