Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Camping areas for schools and large groups
Schools and large groups can camp together in the following group camping areas:
- Central Station
- Waddy Point top
- Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie) (walk in only, no vehicle based camping)
- Lake Boomanjin
Organised groups should submit an online group notification. Groups can apply to obtain a special account to book the K'gari group sites.
To book a group camp site you need to apply for a special account by:
- logging onto: www.qld.gov.au/camping
- selecting ‘Create account’
- following instructions to create your special account
- using this special account to book your group camp site.
It is recommended that group leaders view the Teachers' and group leaders' package for planning and safety information.
- Ngkala Rocks impassable - Beach Camping Zone 9 (Diray, Carree) closure 17 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Temporary closure of Beach camping zones 4 (Guluri, Eli) and 5 (Maheno, Wahba) due to increased wongari (dingo) activity 10 September 2020 to 16 June 2021
- Ngkala Rocks impassable 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Park Alert - K'gari (Fraser Island) Planned Building Maintenance 13 January to 17 February 2021
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Summer Season 1 December 2020 to 4 March 2021
- Warning - Marine stingers K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Sandy National Park 01 November to 31 May 1 November 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 4 Jan 2021
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.