Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Camping areas for schools and large groups
Schools and large groups can camp together in the following group camping areas:
- Central Station
- Waddy Point top
- Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie) (walk in only, no vehicle based camping)
- Lake Boomanjin
Organised groups should submit an online group notification. Groups can apply to obtain a special account to book the K'gari group sites.
To book a group camp site you need to apply for a special account by:
- logging onto: www.qld.gov.au/camping
- selecting ‘Create account’
- following instructions to create your special account
- using this special account to book your group camp site.
It is recommended that group leaders view the Teachers' and group leaders' package for planning and safety information.
- Wildfire Management-Active fire management in progress-Orchid Beach and Middle Rock Areas 23 October to 24 December 2020
- Wildfire Alert - Wathumba, Bowal and Awinya camping areas 18 October to 18 November 2020
- Wildfire Alert - Zone 8 Duling and Ocean Lake - Closed 15–29 October 2020
- Lake Wabby scenic drive impassable to Pile Valley road 10 June 2020 to 1 January 2021
- Lake Garawongera scenic drive impassable to Poyungan road 10 June 2020 to 1 January 2021
- Temporary closure of Beach camping zone 4 (Guluri, Eli) and 5 (Maheno, Wahba) due to increased wongari (dingo) activity 10 September to 30 November 2020
- Central Station Redevelopment - Planned upgrade Central Station Cottage and Museum 1 July to 31 October 2020
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Whelping Season 20 October to 4 December 2020
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 15 Oct 2020
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.