Camping areas for schools and large groups
Schools and large groups can camp together in the following group camping areas:
- Central Station
- Waddy Point top
- Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie) (walk in only, no vehicle based camping)
- Lake Boomanjin
Organised groups should submit an online group notification. Groups can apply to obtain a special account to book the K'gari group sites.
To book a group camp site you need to apply for a special account by:
- logging onto: www.qld.gov.au/camping
- selecting ‘Create account’
- following instructions to create your special account
- using this special account to book your group camp site.
It is recommended that group leaders view the Teachers' and group leaders' package for planning and safety information.
- Prescribed Burn Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie) North 22 May to 6 June 2023
- Zone 9 (Carree and Diray) Erosion Damage 22 May to 14 July 2023
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June 2021 to 30 June 2023
- Prescribed Burn - Dundubara North 1–5 June 2023
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Breeding Season 1 June to 31 August 2023
- Cultural heritage event at Central Station on 7 June 2023 31 May to 7 July 2023
- Prescribed Burn Dillinghams Road 29 May to 5 June 2023
- Waddy Point Beachfront camping area temporary capacity reduction 26 April to 3 July 2023
- Park Alert - K'gari Planned Burn Season 2023 21 February to 31 August 2023
- Smoke Alert - K'gari Planned Burn Season 2023 21 February to 31 August 2023
- Cornwells Road, No Heavy Traffic 31 August 2022 to 6 December 2023
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 23 May 2023
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.