Camping areas for schools and large groups
Schools and large groups can camp together in the following group camping areas:
- Central Station
- Waddy Point top
- Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie) (walk in only, no vehicle based camping)
- Lake Boomanjin
Organised groups should submit an online group notification. Groups can apply to obtain a special account to book the K'gari group sites.
To book a group camp site you need to apply for a special account by:
- logging onto: www.qld.gov.au/camping
- selecting ‘Create account’
- following instructions to create your special account
- using this special account to book your group camp site.
It is recommended that group leaders view the Teachers' and group leaders' package for planning and safety information.
- Park Alert-Temporary closure Bennetts road 27 May to 14 June 2021
- Partial closure - Bennetts Road 8–19 May 2021
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 22 June 2021
- Temporary closure of Wathumba and Teebing (Wathumba Spit) camping areas and Wathumba Road and Platypus Bay Road for wongari (dingo) management. 4 February to 30 June 2021
- Temporary closure of Beach camping zones 4 (Guluri, Eli) and 5 (Maheno, Wahba) due to increased wongari (dingo) activity 10 September 2020 to 16 June 2021
- Partial opening - K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk 18 May to 15 June 2021
- Smoke Alert - K'gari (Fraser Island) 19 April to 31 August 2021
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Breeding Season 1 March to 4 June 2021
- Warning - Marine stingers K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Sandy National Park 01 November to 31 May 1 November 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 28 Apr 2021
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.