Camping areas for schools and large groups
Schools and large groups can camp together in the following group camping areas:
- Central Station
- Waddy Point top
- Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie) (walk in only, no vehicle based camping)
- Lake Boomanjin
Organised groups should submit an online group notification. Groups can apply to obtain a special account to book the K'gari group sites.
To book a group camp site you need to apply for a special account by:
- logging onto: www.qld.gov.au/camping
- selecting ‘Create account’
- following instructions to create your special account
- using this special account to book your group camp site.
It is recommended that group leaders view the Teachers' and group leaders' package for planning and safety information.
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June 2021 to 1 July 2022
- Park Alert Northern Forests Walking Track 14 October 2021 to 31 July 2022
- Park Alert - Prescribed Burn Orchid Beach Service Station and Airstrip Blocks 14–30 June 2022
- Smoke Alert - Orchid Beach Service Station and Airstrip Blocks 14 June to 6 July 2022
- SMOKE ALERT -WADDY POINT CAMPGROUND 2–30 June 2022
- Smoke Alert 3–30 June 2022
- Park Alert Prescribed Burn Waddy Point Campground 4–30 June 2022
- Prescribed Burn - Dundubara Campground 20 April to 30 June 2022
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Breeding Season 1 June to 31 August 2022
- K'gari Planned Burn Season 2022 1 March to 31 August 2022
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 21 Jun 2022
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.