Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Waddy Point beachfront (trailer site) camping area
Waddy Point beachfront camping area faces north, under allocasuarina trees, on the beachfront of Waddy Point. The camping area is located on the north-east coast of Fraser Island, approximately 100km north of the Hook point barge landing area.
- High clearance 4WD
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
- Scenic drive
- Canoeing and kayaking
More information may be available on Waddy Point beachfront (Tent site) camping area
- Lake Wabby scenic drive impassable to Pile Valley road 10 June 2020 to 1 January 2021
- Lake Garawongera scenic drive impassable to Poyungan road 10 June 2020 to 1 January 2021
- Temporary closure of Beach camping zone 4 (Guluri, Eli) and 5 (Maheno, Wahba) due to increased wongari (dingo) activity 10 September to 30 November 2020
- Recreational Fishing Closure - Indian Head to Waddy Point 1 August to 30 September 2020
- Indian Head (Tukkee Wurro) walking track closed 2 June to 30 September 2020
- Central Station Redevelopment - Planned upgrade Central Station Cottage and Museum 1 July to 31 October 2020
- Community announcement-planned burn. Smoke from Great Sandy National Park 12 June to 29 September 2020
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 21 Sep 2020
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.