Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Waddy Point beachfront (trailer site) camping area
Waddy Point beachfront camping area faces north, under allocasuarina trees, on the beachfront of Waddy Point. The camping area is located on the north-east coast of Fraser Island, approximately 100km north of the Hook point barge landing area.
- High clearance 4WD
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
- Scenic drive
- Canoeing and kayaking
More information may be available on Waddy Point beachfront (Tent site) camping area
- Ngkala Rocks impassable - Beach Camping Zone 9 (Diray, Carree) closure 17 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Temporary closure of Beach camping zones 4 (Guluri, Eli) and 5 (Maheno, Wahba) due to increased wongari (dingo) activity 10 September 2020 to 16 June 2021
- Ngkala Rocks impassable 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Park Alert - K'gari (Fraser Island) Planned Building Maintenance 13 January to 17 February 2021
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Summer Season 1 December 2020 to 4 March 2021
- Warning - Marine stingers K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Sandy National Park 01 November to 31 May 1 November 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 4 Jan 2021
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.