Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Ungowa (trailer site) camping area
Ungowa camping area is located in the south-western coastline of Fraser Island.
- High clearance 4WD
- Picnic tables
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
- Scenic drive
More information may be available at Ungowa (Tent site) camping area
- Ngkala Rocks impassable - Beach Camping Zone 9 (Diray, Carree) closure 17 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Temporary closure of Beach camping zones 4 (Guluri, Eli) and 5 (Maheno, Wahba) due to increased wongari (dingo) activity 10 September 2020 to 16 June 2021
- Ngkala Rocks impassable 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Park Alert - K'gari (Fraser Island) Planned Building Maintenance 13 January to 17 February 2021
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Summer Season 1 December 2020 to 4 March 2021
- Warning - Marine stingers K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Sandy National Park 01 November to 31 May 1 November 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 4 Jan 2021
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.