Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Ungowa (trailer site) camping area
Ungowa camping area is located in the south-western coastline of Fraser Island.
- High clearance 4WD
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Picnic tables
- Scenic drive
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
More information may be available at Ungowa (Tent site) camping area
- Lake Wabby scenic drive impassble to Pile Valley road 10 June to 29 September 2020
- Lake Garawongera scenic drive impassable to Poyungan road 10 June to 29 September 2020
- Indian Head (Tukkee Wurro) walking track closed 2 June to 2 August 2020
- Central Station Redevelopment - Planned upgrade Central Station Cottage and Museum 1 July to 31 October 2020
- Community announcement-planned burn. Smoke from Great Sandy National Park 12 June to 29 September 2020
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 1 Jul 2020
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.