Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Step or roll back in time along this historically significant track that winds through an aromatic forest filled with vibrant birdlife.
- Journey type
- 1.8km return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 1.5hrs walking time.
- Grade 1 walking track
- View map
- Conventional vehicle
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Photo credit: Lightcapturer © Queensland Government
- Photo credit: Steve Browne © Queensland Government
There is no better way to start your Lamington National Park experience than with a short stroll, or roll, along this sealed track, opened in 2015 to celebrate the centenary of the park.
From the Python Rock and Moran Falls trailhead, slowly ascend through an aromatic subtropical rainforest and tall hoop pine forest to the northern end of the Green Mountains car park. This track is often scattered with the bright-red fruit of the southern satinash and yellow citrus-smelling lemon aspen fruit.
Bench seating spaced along the track offers excellent opportunities to sit and watch the vibrant birdlife. Look for eastern yellow robins, rufous fantails, regent and satin bowerbirds darting through the branches, logrunners foraging on fallen tree trunks and Albert’s lyrebirds scratching in the leaf litter.
This park is part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage Area, famed for its ongoing geological processes, evolutionary history, and diversity (especially of rare, threatened and endemic species).
Getting there and getting around
The Centenary track is in the Green Mountains section of Lamington National Park, 110km south of Brisbane.
- The Centenary track starts at the Python Rock and Morans Falls trailhead, 125m back along the access road from the Green Mountains day-use area.
- The Green Mountains day-use area is at the end of Lamington National Park Road, 5.7km from the park entrance.
Getting to Lamington
- Green Mountains section map
- Binna Burra section map
- Gold Coast and hinterland parks locality map
- View Google map
Getting to Green Mountains section
Getting to Binna Burra section
Before you visit
Centenary track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.