Bush camping summary
Remote bush camping
Limited bush camp sites are available in remote areas of Lamington National Park between February and November. All remote bush camping sites are closed from 1 December to 31 January.
These can only be reached by walking using either a topographic map or GPS. Remote bushwalking in Lamington National Park requires special skills.
- have a high level of physical fitness, navigational skills, and bush sense
- be well prepared.
Group size is limited between 4 and 8 campers per night per site. Bush camping requires good bush skills, minimal impact practices and thorough preparation.
Bush camping—on-track sites
On-track bush camp sites are located beside the walking tracks and are greater than a 2hr walk from a trailhead. Walking times listed are approximate and one way only. Read and consider important general information about remote bush camping before you book your site.
Bush camp sites can only be booked for a maximum of one night per group, per site.
The following remote bush camp sites are located off-track and predominately in the southern section of Lamington National Park. The rough trails in this remote area of the park are not marked and are often hard to follow due to false trails and tree falls. These trails should only be undertaken by fit, experienced bushwalkers with good navigational skills and equipment. Topographic maps and compass and the ability to use them are essential. GPS, EPIRB (or PLB) are highly recommended.
Read and consider important general information about remote bush camping before you book your site.
Distances given are approximate walking times from major trailheads and are one way only.
- Planned upgrades and reconstruction works - Lower Bellbird circuit. 5 January to 8 April 2022
- Planned upgrades - Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walks track. 5 January to 1 April 2022
- Annual closure period for all Lamington Bush camping areas. 1 December 2021 to 31 January 2022
- If it's flooded, forget it - even on our walking tracks 26 November 2021 to 11 February 2022