Bush camping summary
Remote bush camping
Limited bush camp sites are available in remote areas of Lamington National Park between February and November. All remote bush camping sites are closed from 1 December to 31 January the following year.
These can only be reached by walking using either a topographic map or GPS. Remote bushwalking in Lamington National Park requires special skills.
- have a high level of physical fitness, navigational skills and bush sense
- be well prepared.
Group size is limited between 4 and 8 campers per night per site. Bush camping requires good bush skills, minimal impact practices and thorough preparation.
Bush camping—on-track sites
On-track bush camp sites are located beside the walking tracks and are greater than a 2hr walk from a trailhead. Walking times listed below are approximate and one way only. Read and consider important general information about remote bush camping before you book your site.
Bush camp sites can only be booked for a maximum of one night per group, per site.
The following remote bush camp sites are located off-track and predominately in the southern section of Lamington National Park. The rough trails in this remote area of the park are not marked and are often hard to follow due to false trails and tree falls. These trails should only be undertaken by fit, experienced bushwalkers with good navigational skills and equipment. Topographic maps and compass and the ability to use them are essential. GPS, EPIRB (or PLB) are highly recommended.
Read and consider important general information about remote bush camping before you book your site.
Distances given are approximate walking times from major trailheads and are one way only.
- Planned maintenance- day use area facilities. 26–30 July 2021
- Planned maintenance- facilities 20 July to 6 August 2021
- Binna Burra walking tracks partial closure. 8 March to 3 December 2021
- Flood and Storm Damage - Lamington National Park- partially open 8 March to 30 July 2021
- Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk Partially Closed and Caves Circuit Detour 31 August 2020 to 6 August 2021