Binna Burra lower day-use area
Sit back and relax in this shady picnic area, and then find out all you need to know from the nearby Binna Burra Information Centre.
- Conventional vehicle
- Picnic tables
- Toilets (flush)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
Have a picnic beneath grand old eucalypts before following the pathway to the Binna Burra Information Centre. Here you can learn all about the park and use the maps and information to plan your Lamington journey. Immerse yourself in displays about the park’s amazing history and the remarkable wildlife protected here.
Next door to the information centre is the foresters’ hut. Inside you’ll learn about early track construction and the story of bushwalking in Australia.
This park is part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage Area, famed for its ongoing geological processes, evolutionary history, and diversity (especially of rare, threatened and endemic species).
Getting there and getting around
Binna Burra lower day-use area is in the Binna Burra section of Lamington National Park, 110km south of Brisbane.
- The day-use area is on Binna Burra Road, 1.7km from the park entrance.
For more details on how to get to Lamington National Park, please see getting there and getting around.
This day-use area has wheelchair-accessible toilet facilities. The Information Centre provides wheelchair-accessible toilets and the Binna Burra upper day-use area, 2km from here, has wheelchair-accessible toilet facilities and picnic tables. There are no wheelchair-accessible walking tracks in this section of the park.
At Green Mountains section there are two wheelchair-accessible walking tracks. The Centenary track is a 900m universal access track, and the first 700m of the Border Track is accessible for wheelchairs with assistance.
Before you visit
Binna Burra lower day-use area is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting Lamington safely.
- Planned upgrades - Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walks track. 26 April to 2 September 2022
- Planned upgrades and reconstruction works - Lower Bellbird circuit. 5 January to 15 July 2022
- Wet weather access - Lamington National Park partially open. 23 February to 2 September 2022
- If it's flooded, forget it - even on our walking tracks 26 November 2021 to 1 July 2022