Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Binna Burra lower day-use area
Sit back and relax in this shady picnic area, and then find out all you need to know from the nearby Binna Burra Information Centre.
- Conventional vehicle
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Picnic tables
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
Have a picnic beneath grand old eucalypts before following the boardwalk to the Binna Burra Information Centre. Here you can learn all about the park and use the maps and information to plan your Lamington journey. Immerse yourself in displays about the park’s amazing history and the remarkable wildlife found here.
Next door to the information centre is the foresters’ hut. Inside you’ll learn about early track construction and the story of bushwalking in Australia.
This park is part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage Area, famed for its ongoing geological processes, evolutionary history, and diversity (especially of rare, threatened and endemic species).
Getting there and getting around
Binna Burra lower day-use area is in the Binna Burra section of Lamington National Park, 110km south of Brisbane.
- The day-use area is on Binna Burra Road, 1.7km from the park entrance.
Getting to Lamington
- Green Mountains section map
- Binna Burra section map
- Gold Coast and hinterland parks locality map
- View Google map
Getting to Green Mountains section
Getting to Binna Burra section
Before you visit
Binna Burra lower day-use area is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting Lamington safely.
- Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk Partially Closed and Caves Circuit Detour 31 August 2020 to 6 August 2021
- Binna Burra walking tracks partial closure 7 September 2019 to 2 November 2020
- Caves Circuit Partially Closed 31 August to 31 October 2020
- Binna Burra Road temporary road closures 2 September to 30 October 2020
- O'Reilly's Campground open - Lamington National Park 18 September to 31 December 2020