Rex Creek bridge track, Mossman Gorge
Meander through lush rainforest to a gently swaying suspension bridge spanning the cascading waters of Rex Creek.
- Journey type
- 1.4km return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 1hr walking time.
- Grade 2 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
- Photo credit: Robert Ashdown © Queensland Government
- Photo credit: Maxime Coquard © Queensland Government
Are you brave enough? Step onto this swaying bridge suspended across Rex Creek, near where it joins the Mossman River, and stride (or tiptoe) to the other side. From the bridge, watch the clear waters cascading over rocks below and try to spot fish and turtles in the quieter pools.
This park is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, famed for its exceptional natural beauty, outstanding examples of the record of life, evolutionary history and remarkable diversity.
Getting there and getting around
The Rex Creek bridge track is in the Mossman Gorge section of Daintree National Park (CYPAL), about 80km north of Cairns.
- From the shuttle bus stop/car park in Mossman Gorge, take the Baral Marrjanga track then turn onto the Rex Creek bridge track. Refer to map .
- Follow the track, over the suspension bridge to the intersection of the Rainforest circuit track. Return the way you came.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Rex Creek bridge track is open 24 hours a day.
This track may be closed at times due to localised flooding or for track maintenance during the wet season.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Temporary walking track closure: Saddle track, Kulki day-use area, Cape Tribulation Daintree National Park (CYPAL) 23 December 2021 to 30 June 2022