Baral Marrjanga track, Mossman Gorge
Spot spectacular butterflies as you amble along an elevated boardwalk through the ancient rainforest of Mossman Gorge.
- Journey type
- 660m return Start and finish points are the same and the traveller must return via the same path
- Time suggested
- Allow 30min walking time.
- Grade 1 walking track
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Photo credit: Mike Prociv © Queensland Government
- Photo credit: Maxime Coquard © Queensland Government
Starting from the Mossman Gorge day-use area, this elevated boardwalk is suitable for strollers, wheelchairs or just an easy stroll. Meander amongst the lower rainforest canopy spotting brilliantly-coloured butterflies.
From the lookout, gaze over the Mossman River with its scenic backdrop of mountain ranges. Look for jungle perch and saw-shelled turtles in the river below.
This park is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, famed for its exceptional natural beauty, outstanding examples of the record of life, evolutionary history and remarkable diversity.
Getting there and getting around
Baral Marrjanga track is in the Mossman Gorge section of Daintree National Park (CYPAL), about 80km north of Cairns.
- The Baral Marrjanga track begins from the shuttle bus stop/car park in Mossman Gorge day-use area. Refer to map .
- Follow the track to the Mossman River lookout. Return the way you came.
The track is suitable for wheelchairs, strollers and the vision-impaired.
Before you visit
Baral Marrjanga track is open 24 hours a day.
This track may be closed at times due to localised flooding or for track maintenance during the wet season.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.