Mount Alexandra lookout, Cape Tribulation
Soak up views over the coastal lowlands and the Great Barrier Reef from the steep rainforest-clad slopes of Walu Wugirriga (Mount Alexandra).
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
As you begin your Daintree discovery, turn into this lookout, a mere 5km north of the Daintree River crossing, to enjoy breathtaking coastal views. Gaze over the Daintree River mouth, Snapper Island and Low Isles and sweep your eyes across two of Australia's most important World Heritage areas—the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics.
Feel a sense of awe steal over you as you realise you are about to explore one of Australia’s most iconic destinations.
This park is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, famed for its exceptional natural beauty, outstanding examples of the record of life, evolutionary history and remarkable diversity.
Getting there and getting around
Mount Alexandra lookout is in the Cape Tribulation section of Daintree National Park (CYPAL), about 110km north of Cairns.
- From the Daintree ferry, drive 10km north on Cape Tribulation Road to the signposted turn-off to the lookout.
The Mount Alexandra lookout car park is wheelchair accessible.
Before you visit
Mount Alexandra lookout is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting Daintree safely.
- Temporary closure of Kulki boardwalk and lookout: Daintree National Park 27 February to 2 March 2023
- Temporary walking track closure: Saddle track, Kulki day-use area, Cape Tribulation Daintree National Park (CYPAL) 23 December 2021 to 31 March 2023
- Wet season closure: Noah Beach camping area, Cape Tribulation, Daintree National Park (CYPAL) 2 January to 6 April 2023