Mossman Gorge day-use area
Arrive at this busy day-use area by shuttle bus, ready to relax with a picnic and explore the walks in Mossman Gorge.
- Conventional vehicle
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Toilets (flush)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
The Mossman Gorge day-use area is usually very busy from 8am to 5.45pm, when the Mossman Gorge Centre’s shuttle buses are running.
Set off to explore one of several walking tracks through Mossman Gorge with its lush rainforest featuring strangler-figs and epiphytes, then relax with a picnic in the shady day-use area or find a spot beside the river.
This park is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, famed for its exceptional natural beauty, outstanding examples of the record of life, evolutionary history and remarkable diversity.
Getting there and getting around
The Mossman Gorge day-use area is in the Mossman Gorge section of Daintree National Park (CYPAL), about 80km north of Cairns.
- The day-use area is near the shuttle bus stop and car park in Mossman Gorge.
The day-use area, shuttle bus, toilets and the rainforest boardwalk Baral Marrjanga, which leads from the car park to the Mossman River lookout, are all wheelchair accessible.
Before you visit
Mossman Gorge day-use area is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting Daintree safely.
- Temporary closure of Kulki boardwalk and lookout: Daintree National Park 27 February to 2 March 2023
- Temporary walking track closure: Saddle track, Kulki day-use area, Cape Tribulation Daintree National Park (CYPAL) 23 December 2021 to 31 March 2023
- Wet season closure: Noah Beach camping area, Cape Tribulation, Daintree National Park (CYPAL) 2 January to 6 April 2023