Myall Beach, Cape Tribulation
Swaying palm trees fringe the sands, seemingly holding back the rainforest as it tumbles down the slopes towards the ocean.
- Conventional vehicle
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
Soak up the sun and dig your toes into the sand at stunning Myall Beach, just south of the rocky headland of Cape Tribulation.
In summer, see pied imperial-pigeons migrating from New Guinea to breed and feed in the rainforest. During winter, scan the ocean waves for tell-tale spouts of migrating humpback whales.
This park is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, famed for its exceptional natural beauty, outstanding examples of the record of life, evolutionary history and remarkable diversity.
Getting there and getting around
Myall Beach is in the Cape Tribulation section of Daintree National Park (CYPAL), about 140km north of Cairns.
From Dubuji day-use area:
- From the Daintree ferry, drive 34km north along Cape Tribulation road (5km past Noah Beach camping area) to the Dubuji boardwalk car park.
- Myall Beach may be accessed directly by a 370m track from the car park. For a longer, more scenic journey, use the wheelchair-accessible Dubuji boardwalk Grade 1.
From Kulki day-use area:
- From the Daintree ferry, drive 35km along the Cape Tribulation road and pull into the signposted car park, 7km past Noah Beach camping area.
- Myall Beach may be accessed by a 350m walk from the car park Grade 3. This track is not wheelchair accessible.
The lookout to Myall Beach may be accessed via the wheelchair accessible Dubuji boardwalk.
Before you visit
Myall Beach is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting Daintree safely.
- Temporary closure of Kulki boardwalk and lookout: Daintree National Park 27 February to 2 March 2023
- Temporary walking track closure: Saddle track, Kulki day-use area, Cape Tribulation Daintree National Park (CYPAL) 23 December 2021 to 31 March 2023
- Wet season closure: Noah Beach camping area, Cape Tribulation, Daintree National Park (CYPAL) 2 January to 6 April 2023