Water Park Point Headland - Scouts camp
Scouts camp is nestled on the foreshore at the southern side of Waterpark Headland in Corio Bay.
- Canoe or kayak
Camping area facilities
- Anchoring allowed
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Long walk to tent
- Snorkelling and diving
- Canoeing and kayaking
Features: small secluded beach camp site with views over Corio Bay and Sandy Point.
Location: Water Park Point headland on the northern side of Corio Bay.
Access: the camp can only be reached by water, or on foot at low tide from Corio Bay car park at the southern end of Nine Mile Beach.
Number of sites: one site only, suitable for up to 15 people.
Camp sites are suitable for: tent camping only.
Camp site surface: sand.
Open fires: prohibited. Gas or fuel stoves are recommended.
Generators: allowed. Generators may be operated only between 8am and 7pm providing they have a sound rating of 65 decibels (2.0Kva) or less.
Essentials to bring: insect repellent, sunscreen, first-aid kit, sturdy rubbish bags, drinking water and sufficient fuel for your vehicle. Read more about before you visit. Portable chemical toilets are recommended.
Bookings: book online or learn about our camping booking options.
Mobile phone coverage: unreliable—mobile reception may be available on the beach at low tide. Consider taking a satellite phone.
Upcoming camping area availability
For more safety information see Visiting Byfield safely and camp with care.
- Temporary closure of Byfield National Park and Byfield Conservation Park for pest animal management activities 9–15 July 2023
- Temporary closure of Venusta Circuit Walking Track 23 March to 1 July 2023
- Long term closure of walking tracks in Upper Stony Creek area 11 November 2021 to 8 November 2023
- Drive with care due to road hazards 13 January to 30 June 2023