Five Rocks camping area
Five Rocks camping area is surrounded by coastal woodland with access to a vehicle-free beach, explore the rugged headland of this area.
- High clearance 4WD
Camping area facilities
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Picnic tables
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Shower cubicle (BYO shower)
- Tent camping beside car
- Scenic drive
- Snorkelling and diving
Features: surrounded by coastal woodland with access to a vehicle-free beach.
Location: 28km east of Water Park Creek, just north of Stockyard Point township and accessed via Byfield National Park.
Access: the camping area can only be reached by 4WDs with high clearance. It is accessible for off-road camper trailers—track and weather conditions permitting. Read about road and track conditions.
Number of sites: 12 numbered and defined camp sites. Maximum six people per site.
Camp sites are suitable for: tent camping beside your car. Camp sites 2, 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 are suitable for off-road camper trailers.
Camp site surface: sand/dirt/timber pallets.
Facilities: shower cubicle (BYO shower), composting toilets, picnic tables and water (treat before drinking).
Open fires: allowed in fire rings only (except when fire bans apply). Bring your own clean, milled timber. Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generators: allowed. Generators may be operated only between 8am and 7pm providing they have a sound rating of 65 decibels (2.0Kva) or less.
Essentials to bring: insect repellent, sunscreen, first-aid kit, sturdy rubbish bags, drinking water and sufficient fuel for your vehicle. Read more about before you visit.
Mobile phone coverage: unreliable—mobile reception may be available from Stockyard Point headland or on the beach at low tide. Consider taking a satellite phone.
- Temporary closure of Byfield National Park and Byfield Conservation Park for pest animal management activities 9–15 July 2023
- Potential for impacts to access roads to and within Byfield National Park, Conservation Park and State Forest 2–10 February 2023
- Temporary closure of Byfield National Park and Byfield Conservation Park for pest animal management activities 12–23 March 2023
- Temporary closure of camping areas within Byfield National Park and Byfield Conservation Park 1–31 March 2023
- Long term closure of walking tracks in Upper Stony Creek area 11 November 2021 to 8 November 2023
- Drive with care due to road hazards 13 January to 31 March 2023