Visiting Tolderodden safely
Tolderodden Conservation Park is located in the Upper Burnett close to Eidsvold and is approximately 256km from Maryborough. From Maryborough travel through Childers, Biggenden, Gayndah and Mundubbera to Eidsvold.
From Eidsvold there are two routes:
- follow the sealed Eidsvold—Theodore Road for 6km and turn right into the camping area located on the eastern bank of the Burnett River. Suitable in all weather conditions.
- travel west along Spring Gully Road (sealed) for about 3.5km and then continue driving around to the left onto an unsealed road. Drive another 1.5km to Tolderodden Conservation Park camping area. This access route is suitable for conventional vehicles, camper trailers and caravans in dry weather only.
Read about road conditions for roads managed by the North Burnett Council.
Toilet facilities in the camping area are wheelchair accessible. The camping area has uneven surfaces and assistance for wheelchair access is recommended.
- Plan ahead—let a responsible person know of your itinerary, and emergency plan if things go wrong.
- Never walk alone—if something happens to you, someone in your group can go for help.
- Protect yourself from the sun—wear adequate clothing and sunscreen.
- Always put your fire out with water, not sand or dirt.
- Swimming is not recommended.
- Ensure valuables are kept secure.
In an emergency
In case of accident or other emergency please:
- call Triple Zero (000).
- advise the location and nature of the emergency.
- stay on the phone until you are told to hang up.
The nearest hospitals are at Eidsvold.
Mobile phone coverage is not reliable in Tolderodden Conservation Park.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Essentials to bring
- Carry a mobile phone and first-aid kit and know how to use it.
- Bring enough drinking water.
- Bring your own manufactured fuel or clean milled firewood if planning to use the barbecues.
- Bring insect repellent and sunscreen.
This park is open 24 hours a day. For your safety, walk in the park during daylight hours only.
Domestic animals are not permitted in Tolderodden Conservation Park.
Climate and weather
Eidsvold enjoys a temperate climate. The average daily temperature range is 30°C to 33°C in summer and 21°C to 23°C in winter.
For more information see the tourism information links.