Camping in Woody Island (Tooliewah) and Little Woody Island (Walangoora)
Woody Island (Tooliewah) lies in the Great Sandy Strait between K'gari (Fraser Island) and Hervey Bay. The island’s open forests and fringing mangroves are home to a variety of birds. Bush camp at Jeffries Beach, a 25min boat ride from the Urangan Boat Harbour, in Hervey Bay.
- Camping permits are required and fees apply.
- A camping tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
- Bring fresh water.
- Never feed or leave food that attracts wildlife.
- Take all rubbish out of the park.
- Dogs are prohibited on both islands.
- Open fires are prohibited on both islands .
- Camping is prohibited on Little Woody Island.
Jeffries Beach is a quiet retreat for self-sufficient campers. Campsites are set among casuarina trees and face north to Platypus Bay.
- Tent camping
- No caravan camping
- No camper trailer camping
- No campfires
- No toilets
- No showers
- No barbecue
- No picnic tables
- No wheelchair access
- No generators allowed
- No dogs permitted
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.