Things to do
Exploring Woody Island (Tooliewah)
You can camp at Jeffries Beach on the south-eastern side of Woody Island (Tooliewah) and explore from there.
- about a 25min boat ride from the Urangan Boat Harbour in Hervey Bay
- a quiet retreat for self-sufficient visitors.
- Camping permits are required and fees apply.
- No facilities are provided.
- Book your camp site online.
- If you cannot book online, see camping bookings for other options.
Boaties and fishers:
- Know size and bag limits.
- Watch your lines—lost tackle is lethal to marine life.
- Go slow for those below, especially in shallow water.
- Throw nothing overboard.
- Bury all fish scraps 50cm deep at a point well below the high tide mark.
Imagine the life of the early lighthouse keepers as you explore the island. Walkers, who camp at Jeffries Beach, can take the 6km return walk along the shoreline to the gas shed, then, follow the walking track (750m return) up to the Middle Bluff lighthouse.
For your safety, do not enter or climb on the lighthouse complex structures.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.