Camping in Dalrymple
Burdekin River camping area
Camping is permitted on the south-western bank of the Burdekin River under the gum tress at four numbered camp sites. Facilities are not provided. Camping permits are required and fees apply. A tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
- Four-wheel-drive access only, as the entrance track is unsealed road that can become boggy and impassable with minor rainfall.
- Open fires are permitted only in the fire rings provided, except when fire prohibitions or fire bans are in place. Bring clean firewood such as untreated, mill off-cuts—collecting firewood from the national park is prohibited. Preferably use a gas or fuel stove.
- Generators are allowed between the hours of 9am and 12pm (midday) and must operate at a noise level of less than 65dB(A) at a distance of 7 metres.
Read more about staying safe and looking after the park.
The camping area is located in a peaceful setting on the banks of the Burdekin River, with no facilities.
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campfires allowed
- No toilets
- No showers
- No barbecue
- Picnic tables
- No wheelchair access
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- No dogs permitted
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.