Popular bush retreats for visitors and locals, Plunkett Conservation Park, Wickham National Park and Wickham Timber Reserve are places to experience nature while recreating in the outdoors. Enjoy a scenic bushwalk or horse ride, or go for a mountain bike ride along one of the shared trails.
Elevated sandstone ridges vegetated with flourishing heath communities that bloom with whites, yellows and pinks in spring. Lichen covered boulders and rock ledges provide great habitat for skinks and geckos to bask in the sun and hunt for insects. Plunkett and Wickham also protect a number of significant native species, such as the endangered Leucopogon recurvisepalus, a low growing perennial shrub.
- Everything in this park is protected. Do not take or disturb plants or animals.
- Campfires are not permitted in the park or reserve.
- Please do not feed or leave food for animals. Human food can harm wildlife and cause some animals to become aggressive.
- Take rubbish home with you as no bins are provided.
- Keep dogs on a leash and under control. Please pick up and dispose of your dog’s droppings responsibly.
- Toilets are not provided. Bury all human waste and toilet paper at least 100m away from tracks and water courses. Dig a hole at least 15 to 20cm deep. Bag and carry out all sanitary products as these are not rapidly biodegradable. Take small, sealable bags for this purpose.
Plunkett Conservation Park, Wickham National Park and Wickham Timber Reserve are bush retreats for many locals. The parks and reserve provide essential habitat for plants and animals in South East Queensland.
Plunkett Conservation Park, Wickham National and Wickham Timber Reserve are managed by the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) for their conservation values and recreational opportunities.
Logan Visitor Information Centre
Mandew Street, Shailer Park (off the M1 at Exit 28 southbound and 26 northbound)
located outside entry 2.
Phone: (07) 3801 9199
- Changed access into Plunkett Conservation Park and Wickham Timber Reserve 9 July to 31 December 2021