Things to do
Camping and accommodation
Bush camping is permitted at Coconut Beach, accessible by boat only in good weather conditions. No facilities are provided and you must be totally self-sufficient. Camping permits are required and fees apply.
- Find out more about camping in Cape Upstart National Park.
- Book your campsite online.
- If you cannot book online, see camping bookings for other options.
- See more general information about camping in national parks.
This is a low-key park for self-sufficient visitors. Check with the Great Barrier Marine Park Authority for advice on activities permitted in the adjacent marine park waters.
Snake trail walk—300 m return (10 minutes) Grade: Easy
Located in the Worungu Bay section of the park, this easy walk runs alongside a salt pan and is accessible by road from the township of Guthalungra. Be mindful, this land and seascape holds great significance to the Juru people.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.