Things to do
Bush camping is permitted at Coconut Beach, accessible by boat only in good weather conditions. No facilities are provided and you must be totally self-sufficient. Camping permits are required and fees apply.
- Find out more about camping in Cape Upstart National Park.
- Book your campsite online.
- If you cannot book online, see camping bookings for other options.
- See more general information about camping in national parks.
This is a low-key park for self-sufficient visitors. Check with the Great Barrier Marine Park Authority for advice on activities permitted in the adjacent marine park waters.
Snake trail walk
Distance: 400m return
Details: A short easy walk, explore the coastal environment that runs alongside a salt pan in the Worungu Bay section of the park. Be mindful, this area holds great significance to the Juru people. Access is by road via the township of Guthalungra.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.