Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
With information about the park and its wildlife, interactive maps, and virtual guided tours, it’s like having a local park ranger in your phone!
The MyRanger app is free to download on iOS and Android. Download the app when you’re at home, then you can access park maps, guides and important information when you're on park and may not have internet access or mobile reception.
Key app features
- Use the map to locate park facilities, trails, tours, and keep track of where you are located.
- Download the map before you arrive to use the app across the park, even without internet access.
- Local (virtual) Rangers lead you on self-guided walking tours, giving their insight into the park and its wildlife and what makes it so special.
Comprehensive park information
- Everything you need to know to plan and make the most of your visit is provided, including key natural and cultural heritage features, safety tips, facilities and accessibility information.
- Alerts provide the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
Discover things to do
- Find things to do that are close to your current location.
- Plan ahead using information about distances, accessibility and facilities.
- Video, audio and Augmented Reality (AR) enhance your experience and give a deeper understanding of the park and its values.
- See and hear some of the parks' fascinating creatures come to life with your phone through AR.
Discover local wildlife
- Photos and information of almost 200 of the animal and plant species that occur in these parks can be found in the wildlife section. Audio recordings of some frog, bird and mammal species are also included.
Save your favourites
- Save you favourite tours, places to visit, and wildlife to quickly access them later via your Favourites tab.