Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Drive 1.4km through hoop pine plantations to shady Rogers Park—named after the forester who once lived here.
Hoop pine Araucaria cunninghamii grows naturally in this area, emerging over the top of subtropical rainforest and vine forests on the broad ridges and slopes. Hoop pines are ideal for growing in plantations, hence the extensive plantations, interspersed with the vine forests and eucalypt forests.
The forest communities (native or plantation) are host to a great diversity of animal life. Listen for the distinctive calls of rufous whistlers, or for green catbirds, paradise riflebirds and rose-crowned fruit-doves in thicker vegetation.
Read more about the nature, culture and history of Yarraman State Forest.
Help care for Yarraman State Forest by observing a few simple rules.
- Leave all things exactly as you find them.
- Do not bring pets into the forest; even their scent frightens native animals.
- Take care with fire—the forest and its animals would be devastated by wildfire. Light fires only in constructed fireplaces and make sure the fire is out before you leave. Preferably bring a fuel stove.
- Never gather wood (or even kindling) from the bush.
- Take all rubbish and recyclables away for proper disposal.
- Keep to formed roads.
- Never feed, chase or scare native animals.
See the guidelines on caring for parks for more information about protecting our environment and heritage in parks and forests.
Yarraman State Forest is a multiple use reserve. The forest grows sustainable timber resources for current and future generations, provides recreational opportunities for visitors and protects important habitat for a rich variety of animals and plants.
The Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service manage Yarraman State Forest under the Forestry Act 1959.
South Burnett Energy Centre
41 Henry Street, Nanango Qld 4615
ph (07) 4189 9446
Yarraman Heritage Centre
28 Millar Street, Yarraman Qld 4614
ph (07) 4163 8111
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see Queensland Holidays.
The natural, cultural and historical significance of Yarraman
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.