Palmerston, renowned for lush rainforest, scenic views, steep gorges and cascading waterfalls, offers opportunities for picnicking, camping and bushwalking in the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
115km south-west of Cairns.
The Ma:Mu Aboriginal Traditional Owners welcome you to their country and ask that you visit respectively.
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Motor home camping
- World Heritage
- Temporary road closure: Misty Mountains, Palmerston section, Wooroonooran National Park 11 May to 12 July 2021