Palmerston, renowned for lush rainforest, scenic views, steep gorges and cascading waterfalls, offers opportunities for picnicking, camping and bushwalking in the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
115km south-west of Cairns.
The Mamu Traditional Owners welcome you to their country and ask that you visit respectfully.
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- No campfires
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campervan camping
- Motor home camping
- World Heritage
- Temporary closure of Bora Ground Road and Maalan Road, Palmerston (Doongan) section, Wooroonooran National Park 1 December 2022 to 3 March 2023