Things to do
The Mulgrave River (Goldfield trail) camping area is situated halfway along the Goldfield trail at the Mulgrave River top causeway—at the end of the old logging road. Campers must be completely self-sufficient, carrying food, water and a fuel or gas stove. Camping permits are required and fees apply.
- Find out more about camping on the Goldfield trail.
- Book your camp site online.
- If you cannot book online, see camping bookings for other options.
There is also a camping area outside the national park near the Boulders Scenic Reserve. Contact the Cairns Regional Council for more information.
There is a range of holiday accommodation between Townsville and Cairns, including hotels, motels, B&Bs, hostels, farm stays, eco-lodges, caravan parks and commercial camping areas. For more information see the tourism information links.
Picnic and day-use areas
Picnic tables, shelter sheds, gas barbecues and toilets are provided at Goldsborough Valley, Wooroonooran National Park and also at the Boulders Scenic Reserve.
Fishing is permitted in the Mulgrave River. Fisheries regulations apply—information on bag and size limits, restricted species and seasonal closures is available from Queensland Fisheries.
Mountain bike on an 8km stretch of the Goldfield trail from the Goldsborough Valley camping area to the causeway over the East Mulgrave River. Refer to map . Expect to share the roads with pedestrians and other cyclists.
Mountain bikes are not permitted beyond the causeway.
Permits are not required to ride mountain bikes along this section of the Goldfield trail.
For more information, see cycling.
- Temporary closure: Wajil walk (Kearneys Falls walking track), Goldsborough Valley section, Wooroonooran National Park 19 August 2021 to 29 June 2023
- Camping area water supply update: Goldsborough Valley section, Wooroonooran National Park 2 December 2021 to 30 November 2022