Visiting White Blow safely
Turn off the Flinders Highway at Mingela, 87 km south-west of Townsville. Travel south for 35 km and turn left at the Ravenswood/Ayr road, approximately 5 km from the township of Ravenswood. From here, follow the signs to the park.
White Blow Regional Park has no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
- Carry adequate drinking water.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Wear sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses and a long-sleeved shirt, even on cloudy days.
- Wear insect repellent, clothing and sturdy footwear to protect yourself from stings, scratches and bites.
- Never feed or provoke wild animals.
- Detour around snakes. Never provoke them.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Essentials to bring
To ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit make sure you bring:
- a first aid kit
- fresh water, as water facilities are not provided
- a fuel stove and fuel, as fires are not permitted
- a sealable container for rubbish—bins are not provided
- a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- a shovel to bury all toilet waste.
White Blow Regional Park is open 24 hours a day (camping is not permitted). During the wet season, December to April, visitors should check with Department of Transport and Main Roads for road conditions.
Permits and fees
Domestic animals are not permitted in White Blow Regional Park.
Climate and weather
Day time temperatures and humidity can be high at any time of the year and nights can be very cool. Please carry suitable clothing to accommodate all extremes. July to October is generally the driest period and the best time to visit. In the wet season (December to April) local flooding may close roads to the park. Weather forecasts are available from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Fuel and supplies
Fuel and basic supplies are available at Ravenswood, 5 km south-west of the park. For a complete range of supplies, travel 88 km north-west of the park to Charters Towers. For more information see the tourism information links below.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.