Visiting Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre safely
Getting there and getting around
- Find us on Google maps
Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre is located at 60 Mount Nebo Road, Enoggera Reservoir, only 12km from Brisbane’s city centre.
Follow Waterworks Road from the city. Waterworks Road becomes Mt Nebo Road not far from the entrance to the Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre. There is limited parking available, especially on weekends, so take a bus if you can.
From the city, take the 385 bus to The Gap park ‘n’ ride. From here you can walk or ride about 500m along a sealed concrete path to the Information Centre.
- Parks are natural environments and conditions can be unpredictable. You are responsible for your own safety and for looking after the park.
- In conditions of high fire danger, walking tracks and other areas may be closed. For your safety, follow instructions on signs. If you see a bushfire or any illegal activity, please phone emergency services as soon as possible.
- During times of park closures, please follow any advice from signs or directed by Park Rangers.
- Read stay safe and visit with care for important general information about safety, caring for parks and essentials to bring when you visit Queensland’s national parks and forests.
- Read safety during extreme weather for important information about what to do during floods, bushfires and cyclones.
- Open fires are not allowed.
- There are no bins. Take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- Treated water is available at the Information Centre.
- Read walk with care for tips on walking safely and walking lightly.
- Cyclists riding downhill must give way to cyclists riding uphill.
- Read mountain bike and cycle with care for tips on riding safety and riding with care.
Boating and fishing
- The swimming area at Enoggera Reservoir is not patrolled and you enter the water at your own risk.
- Actively supervise children.
- Swim in the designated swimming area that is marked by the large, yellow buoys.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- Read water safety for important information about staying safe in and near water and caring for parks.
Before you visit
- Leave pets at home. Dogs and other domestic animals are not permitted. This includes the centre and surrounds, all walking tracks, the paddle craft launch area and beach.
- Take all rubbish home with you. There are no bins on site.
- Pack sensible footwear—boots or sturdy shoes—to wear when bushwalking.
- Alcohol can only be consumed in the licensed function centre.
- Camping onsite is not permitted.
- Treated drinking water is available at the Information Centre.
- Access paths are wheelchair accessible with assistance.